Author Topic: '67 VIN and Cowl Tag  (Read 6095 times)

vertigoshadow1

• View Profile
'67 VIN and Cowl Tag
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:25:34 PM »
I had submitted some info through CRG to research my '67. I thought it might be an SS 350. Do to the fact that the speedo cable doesn't enter the firewall on the correct side, the determination was that it may be an L30/M20. I only bought the car because I love Camaros and I didn't care if it was a 6 cyl or anything special for that matter. My question is concerning the VIN. would this VIN corolate to this build date? If I remember correctly, CamaroDan said he had some info on the car but not the 4P or maybe 2L code. There is plenty of the car no longer original. Is there any thing in a database on this car? Again I bought it as a Camaro and not an SS or anything else. I think it is a walk back through time and I love the journey.

67L78conv

• View Profile
Re: '67 VIN and Cowl Tag
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:19:05 PM »
From what I have read the L30/M20 could be what you have but I realy am not an expert on those things. The wonderful people here at the CRG I am sure will be able to help you out with that. Your vin verse cowl date is bang on though.

67ss350camaro

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: '67 VIN and Cowl Tag
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »
Hi Andrew,
  Yes your vin lines up perfectly to the build date and body number on the cowl tag. 
I am the one you contacted by e-mail.  camarodan@juno.com is the e-mail address that I have listed in the decoder program that you used to send me your cars data.
Daniel
CRG
67 RS/SS 350 auto (owned since 81.)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
2012 1LS (V6 6-speed) Coupe (new work car)
My Camaro