Author Topic: NEED HELP DECODING IT ALL - I HAVE TO SELL MY 69 CAMARO  (Read 3911 times)

solimanfamily

• View Profile
NEED HELP DECODING IT ALL - I HAVE TO SELL MY 69 CAMARO
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »
Please tell me I have a numbers matching car - Or at least give me the best ADVICE on what to do. 
I have a 1969 Camaro that I've had for 17 years.  I'm trying to figure out what the numbers mean - i.e. if I just have a hodge podge of a car or something really good. 

I need to sell it because I have a family - and that's how life is - and I need to get as much out of it as I can, so here is what I can determine - but I don't know if I'm right.  I'd like to take it to MECUM Auto Auction, I got the car stripped down because it was red had racing stripes.   

When I got the car it had RS stuff - it had hideaway headlights with the RS decals on the grille but the reverse lights were missing, however, I know the rear quarter panels were replaced and I backed it up when I was young, the bumper was worked on, I can't remeber if that was replaced.  I have reverse lights that I can put in it. 

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: NEED HELP DECODING IT ALL - I HAVE TO SELL MY 69 CAMARO
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 04:31:14 AM »
You're going to have to post a lot more info than you have to find out if the car is numbers matching. Post the VIN, the Trim Tag info, Engine stamping, transmission stamping, axle stamping, etc... This is the only way we can help. If you can post pictures, that would be much better.

Ed

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: NEED HELP DECODING IT ALL - I HAVE TO SELL MY 69 CAMARO
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »
Try looking here: http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml This site has a cowl tag decoder you can download from this link and run that will answer a number of your questions. Post photos of your cowl tag for additional help.
Sorry to hear you have to let it go. I hope you get  a good price.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything