Author Topic: Photo for home page  (Read 12549 times)

drdave69

• View Profile
Photo for home page
« on: October 20, 2005, 01:42:08 PM »
I've got a decent new photo of my car. Who do I send it to for placement on the home page?

mjsmilford

• View Profile
Re: Photo for home page
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 12:41:35 AM »
you first have to put your photo on the internet,i use photobucket, then you can click on the brouse icon and add your pic.

drdave69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:58:36 AM »
I'm not talking about posting my photo in a discussion thread, I'm referring to the three photos on the home page. One of the administrators posts member submitted photos for the page. Who is it?

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:01:35 PM »
Help ! I'm trying to post a picture of my ride in my user info box. I have downloaded a picture to Photobucket as sugested. But all i get is a blank box with a red X out. I'm sure It's my poor computer skills. What I have tried to do so far is copy and paste the url of my picture. I'm not having any luck with the brouse icon.
                    Thanks Mike :-\
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

Rich

• CRG Coordinator
  • 68 L30/M20 RS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 04:07:02 PM »
I've got a decent new photo of my car. Who do I send it to for placement on the home page?

Send to Steve Karlecke at sdkar@bellsouth.net  Not sure if Steve has rejoined the new forum yet.

Rich
68 L30/M20 RS

DougD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:33:33 PM »

Send to Steve Karlecke at sdkar@bellsouth.net Not sure if Steve has rejoined the new forum yet.

Rich

As we progress, rather than e-mailing, Steve could start a thread for the new pics and folks could post them right within the thread.

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 11:47:16 AM »
Doug,

I am now logged in.  Missed the forum while it was down.  Looks nice...good job.  Not sure how the thread thing would work.  If you think it would be better, let me know what I would need to do.  I don't mind the emailing of them however.  I save them to my computer in categories and get them ready for the upcoming the months.  I usually need them downloaded to my computer because most of them need to be "cleaned up" as I have to crop them and shrink them for the thumbnail as well as adjust the clarity on some of them if need be.  Let me know what you think is best.

As for everyone....Send them to me for now at sdkar@bellsouth.net.  Don't forget to include your full name so you get credit.  I have a ton of pics that have been sent to me that have no names attached.  As I stated above...I can clean the pics up a little, but the quality of the pic depends greatly on what you send me.  Thanks alot and keep 'em coming.   :)  sdkar@bellsouth.net

Steve

DougD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »
Doug,

I am now logged in. Missed the forum while it was down. Looks nice...good job. Not sure how the thread thing would work. If you think it would be better, let me know what I would need to do. I don't mind the emailing of them however. I save them to my computer in categories and get them ready for the upcoming the months. I usually need them downloaded to my computer because most of them need to be "cleaned up" as I have to crop them and shrink them for the thumbnail as well as adjust the clarity on some of them if need be. Let me know what you think is best.

As for everyone....Send them to me for now at sdkar@bellsouth.net. Don't forget to include your full name so you get credit. I have a ton of pics that have been sent to me that have no names attached. As I stated above...I can clean the pics up a little, but the quality of the pic depends greatly on what you send me. Thanks alot and keep 'em coming. :) sdkar@bellsouth.net

Steve

Glad to see you made it, Steve.

The thread thing is entirely up to you.  I like the idea as people get a chance to show off even if their car doesn't make it to the home page.

I am thinking about making a photo gallery available for members as well, for just that reason.

If a thread is made for the home page picture collection each month, I can "sticky" it so it sits at the top and is easily found.