Author Topic: Need Help Identifying Under Sill Wire Cover  (Read 7083 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Need Help Identifying Under Sill Wire Cover
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:00:34 AM »
I bought a complete set of under sill wire covers for a 67-69 Camaro (or so I thought).  Two of them are correct, but after trying every which way to fit them, I realized that 2 of the covers can in no way be for a Camaro.  Does anyone know what these will fit or what car they are actually from?

Thanks,

Steve

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: Need Help Identifying Under Sill Wire Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »
That looks like a front drivers side for a 69 Camaro convertible. Why doesnt it fit?

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
That may be the problem then, as I read that the convertible and coupe wire covers are different.  It appears that I have a set for a convertible and I need a set for a coupe.  If anyone has a set for a coupe and want to trade for a convertible, email me. 

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »
OK, I thought they would be for your Z-11 :)  The rears are different between coupes and converts too.  You have to have all 4 matching.  Converts are harder to find (worth more $$).  I saw some coupe ones on ebay.

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
I can't post a pic of the set I have due to the size constraints, but if anyone thinks they could identify a convertible set of wire covers, please email me with your email and I will send you a pic of them so you could let me know what I really have.

Thanks,

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »
Steve, you can email them to me. mail link works

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:33 AM »
sdkar - there a re a number of programs that allow you to resize a photo. When you do make sure you don't distort it. (shrink it more in one direction than the other) Also most photo software allows you to crop the excess out of the picture. I think John Z posted a link to free software for this a while back in another post.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

68vert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
Below is a link to a set on ebay right now that is supposed to be for a convertible. Maybe you can compare yours to these and see that's for sure what you've got. Believe me, I know there's a difference!! I bought a coupe set for my vert and had the same, "what the heck" issues trying to fit the coupe ones on my vert.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370036706053&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

If the link doesn't work, the item #:  370036706053 Just pop onto ebay and type that # in the search box.

I still need a set of them for my '68 vert. How much you want for them?  As mentioned, coupe sets are on ebay pretty often, but the convertible sets don't pop up quite as often. Let me know. Thanks, Brian

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:24:38 PM »
The ebay link looks like convert ones.  But the pic is horrible!  You can tell very easily, coupe ones come to a point in the front and have a center section that about 1" wider than the rest (right at the bucket seat location). Converts are the same width and have a gentler swoop towards the front.

Here is a coupe set http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-68-69-Camaro-Firebird-wire-cover-sill-plates_W0QQitemZ180226668199QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180226668199

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 04:25:39 AM »
Okay, from what it looks like, I have a set for a convertible.  I need a set for a coupe.  Thanks for the help guys.

Steve

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
Steve, I sent you an email from the pic you sent, you were sold 2 coupe fronts and 2 convert fronts, no backs. :(

anything