Author Topic: factory options  (Read 5670 times)

jonijerry

• View Profile
factory options
« on: January 26, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »
the original 68 i bought (and still have) is stickered as  'British Racing Green' for exterior color with 'ivory' interior yet all the aftermarket interior colors are parchment or 'off white' ........ does anyone know how many of these were manufacturered ?...... mine was made in canada ... also, anu suggestions on where to buy the best interiors (lutty chevy seems to have the best color match)
Thanks a Lot .....Jerry

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: factory options
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 03:26:19 PM »
No Camaros were made in Canada - all of them sold in North America were made at Norwood or Van Nuys.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

sebastien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »
If you mean your car was SOLD new in Canada,you can contact GM Canada @ 888-467-6853 or outside of Canada  (905)644-4060.they can mail you some good onformations on your car for about $50 or so.
Sebastien 68  327 rag top

cib12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:27:48 AM »
not a factory option- but on some of my orginial rubber moldings had a canda sticker on them  made in canda- is this normal  --i have a early 69rs-ss350(no x code- but has a chalk mark 

this wasnt a factory option(but i heard Canada)  i have some orginial rubber moldings with a round sticker which has a maple leaf with made in canada on it--is this normal -i really dont know--69rs-ss350 and early car(no X code- but X 1 chalk markings)

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:29:04 PM »
Canadian firms have supplied parts for U.S.-made cars for decades - very common.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »
FYI, there were actually two versions of white deluxe interior in 1968, code 730 (parchment-white) and code 711 (ivory-pearl parchment).  Why GM did this is beyond me.  730 coded cars have black headliners with white plastic-vinyl trim (looks terrible) and code 711 cars have black headliners with black plastic trim (much bettter look).  GM did not keep track of the different versions of interiors sold.  Although all of the cars shipped to Canada are in the GM of Canada records.  If you had access to all of these records, you would only know how many white interior cars were shipped to Canada.

Jerry

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
I think PUI is the only vendor making seat covers now.  Al Knock makes the deluxe door panels,

Jerry

anything