Author Topic: Qtr Stiffeners...where to get some?  (Read 13785 times)

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
Qtr Stiffeners...where to get some?
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:13:50 PM »
I am in need of some qtr panel stiffeners.  My car has had both qtrs replaced, and in the process, these "necessary" pieces of metal were thrown away, long before I ever took ownership of the car (and I have had it for 20 years).  Does anyone know where I could buy these pieces at a fairly reasonable price?  Someone on Camaros.net offered to sell me some he had removed from a car, but he wanted over 200 dollars for them...and personallly I can't see them being worth that...maybe I am wrong.  Before I pay 200 for them, I will hand fabricate some.

Gambitt

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
Re: Qtr Stiffeners...where to get some?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »
It's amazing to me that Dynacorn reproduces the entire 69 Camaro body to sell, but these pieces are not availabe.  Do they not put these on the repo bodies they are selling, or are they just not selling this piece separately?

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 08:15:01 AM »
i think that dynacorn would be smart to sell exerything they reproduce..i need the interior quarters for my 68...but they say they dont plan to sell them
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »
I agree, what is the point in reproducing all that stuff if you don't plan to sell it to the public.  People like us that just need a few small parts that aren't reproduced aren't going to buy an entire body shell.  But they could make several dollars off of us by selling these parts...and if they don't, someone else eventually will.

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »
i hope someday someone will bring out the interior quarter panels...cuz i need a set bad. Toooo much dirt built up in the bottoms of my quarter and rotted th interior part...lol
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 02:53:56 AM »
What part are you talking about?  Do you have pictures?  They might actually make the part you need.

Gambitt

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 04:56:42 AM »
I have checked a million place...they arent avaliable...ill have to get them from a donor car.

Dont laugh at the extensive rust...please ;D
David

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
Ah, so you have interior rust...that's a tough one.  Where I live there aren't that many first gens around...so even trying to find a 200 dollar parts car is tough.  I do have a neighbor down the road that has a few, and he is pretty nice about letting me get the occasional part, but I hate to ask...I don't see him very often and I don't just wanna approach him to ask for stuff:)  If I do stumble onto a parts car, I will keep you in mind.  A few years ago I looked at a 69 body that had good doors on it...but the qtrs had been hacked up and the floor had been cut out...it did have a few good parts on it, but the guy wanted 500 for it...just because the doors were good.  I will keep looking.

Gambitt

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 08:24:38 PM »
Anyone ever had to remove this panel from the int before?...id like some ideas on how tough of a job it is. Gambit...i know wher no less than 4 vin-less gutted shells are no doors or anything...its a scrap yard in north mississippi...i can get them for bout $100 a piece...and im pretty much the only one that know where they are...i plan on buying at least 2 of these for repair panels beings how the have been robbed of their vins. But still keep me in mind if you run across someone cutting up a 67 or 68...
David

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 09:27:56 PM »
I'll do it...and if you run across some of those stiffeners in some of them, keep me in mind:) 

A few years ago I passed up a complete 69 camaro...it had some pretty bad rust on the outer panels, but it was all there and rolling...I
think the guy wanted around 300 for it.  This date and time it would sell on ebay for $2000.  I wish I had bought it just for a few nuts
and bolts now.

sebastien

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 12:23:45 AM »
talking about scrap yard,try this link.it's pretty big,that's all they have f bodys from all years.of course they don't have that much left from 1st generation compare to 3rd or 4th but it is worth a try.I found some good stuff for my 68.they are up in edmonton,alberta.
hope that helps.good luck

http://www.davidt.com/
Sebastien 68  327 rag top

Gambitt

• View Profile
    • My car
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »
I finally found a place that has the qtr stiffeners.  They run around $40 a piece, which is a fair price I think.  They might also have the interior panels you need Supernova...here is a link to the place:

www.jimmysbowtie.com/

They can be pretty high on some parts, but they do have some stuff that no one else offers.

Gambitt

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 12:58:44 AM »
Benny Pfiefer has a nice set of the quarter panel stiffners. (610)751-1811.  Sam