Author Topic: what is my 69 camaro?  (Read 4730 times)

khrobbin

• View Profile
what is my 69 camaro?
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
I recently purchased a 69 camaro.  Here's the story.  The dash was replaced and the old vin was thrown away.  The car has a clean title and the vin on the title matches the vin under the panel between the hood and the windshield.  I am at the office and I don't have the whole vin with me but the beginning numbers are as follows 124379n.  There is no cowl tag also.  I don't know if it was an early car or if it was taken off sometime in the past.  I would like to find out what the car was originally.  From the vin I do know that it was a v8 car.  I am wondering if it was an X11 SS.  The car has non-power disc brakes.(I thought that was weird too)  It is an AC car.  It has a single leaf 10 bolt.  The car also has a factory steel cowl hood.  It also has the front and rear spoilers.  The spoilers could have been added at some point though. Did SS's have cowl hoods? The car is a roller with no motor or tranny.  Is there any other ways of finding out what the car was without having the cowl tag.  (if there was one)  The car does have the SS badges.  Please help!  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: what is my 69 camaro?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »
Mono leaf rear spring - 10 bolt rear end - doesn't indicate SS.

See the following:  http://www.camaros.org/diffs69.shtml
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »
Congrats on the new Camaro. The missing VIN raises some questions. I would check with state motor vehicle to see if this creates a problem with registering or licensing the car. You also might want to see if someone can run the VIN to make sure it was not stolen at some point. I would do this before spending any serious money on it. Hope it works out well.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

khrobbin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »
The entire vin is 124379n691336.  I bought the car out-of-state and have already had an out-of-state check done on the car by the local sheriff's dept.  The sheriff checked to make sure the vin on the title matched the vin on the panel between the hood and windshield.  I also turned everything into the BMV to have the title put in my name.  So everything seems to ok.