Author Topic: ralley sport wheel well molding 1968 ss/rs  (Read 5536 times)

wrsctv

• View Profile
ralley sport wheel well molding 1968 ss/rs
« on: February 07, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »
My car had the ralley sport chrome on the lower part of the qtr.,door and fender. Not rocker molding. I have purchased nos front and rear wheel well moldings. Is there a difference in the ralley sport wheel well molding and a non ralley sport wheel well molding?It initally looks like the wheel well molding will interfer with the r/s moldings on the qtr and fender.Somewhere I have read that you have to trim the front or rear or both well molding where they meet the r/s chrome.Any help will be greatly appreciated and some pictures would also be great. 1968 ss/rs camaro.

ccargo

• View Profile
Re: ralley sport wheel well molding 1968 ss/rs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »
Yes, on the 68 RS the wheel opening moldings are shorter and different part #'s than the 67 RS/SS and 68 SS models. They can be cut and I know a template exists but I have never tried it myself. The 68 RS moldings come up for sale on a fairly regular basis and if you are'nt in a hurry you might wait and see if you can pick up a set and sell the others. If no one else comes through with the template I have one somewhere and will dig it out for you. I'd just hate to see you chop up an expensive set of moldings and not be happy with the results.
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

wrsctv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:38:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Pat. Are both front and rear shorter than non rs cars? Hope someone will have the template and will be willing to share. Thanks

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
Yes, both are shorter. I have the template diagram I can dig up if you have a fax # I'll send it to you. Just private message me so you dont get junk mail :)

wrsctv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
Pat I sent you a message please let me know if i did it correctly and you received it. Thanks

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »
I got it just fine. I'll get it sent shortly.

Pat

anything