Author Topic: Topic moved to General Discussion (switching to a BIG BLOCK)  (Read 2776 times)

thecraiger

• View Profile
Topic moved to General Discussion (switching to a BIG BLOCK)
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »
thecraiger

will factory A/C work with a big block?
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 67 Camaro SS. originally a 350 car with factory A/C. I want to change it to a big block 396 – will I be able to keep the A/C box and components or will they not fit with a big block? What to do?

Report to moderator    70.245.235.187 

dd442

Gotta Love a Big Block

Re: will factory A/C work with a big block?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:24:37 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that the Evaporator and the inner case is different for the BB than the SB other than that not much is different. Even the heater core is the same for BB\SB on your A\C cars.

Report to moderator    Logged 

70 SS 396\350, 69jane, 69 442, 70 Mach 1

thecraiger

Re: will factory A/C work with a big block?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:34:16 PM »     

I read somewhere else while doing some research that big block cars did not offer A/C in 1967 and the box would be in the way. Do you know where I could find some literature about the difference under the hood between a small and big block? Does anyone know if i will need custom headers, different steering box etc while doing the swap...or just springs, motor mounts and longer hoses? Any help would be appreciated. i am also posting this response on General discussion.