Author Topic: 1969 radiator question  (Read 3658 times)

70lt1z28

• View Profile
1969 radiator question
« on: January 24, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »
funny thing, both of my 69 camaros ( one a small blk and one a bb)  have 4 radiaor mounting points. the 2 on the pass side are just bolts that screw into the radiator support. on the driver side both cars use bolts with nuts and washers.  Is this correct? and if not what is??  also if anyone knows the size and type of bolts, nuts, washers to use?  thank in advance ??? ???

PS  anyone have original radiator core top and bottom channels, 23 inches L x 2/3/4  W??

sorry guys one more question:  would the core channels be the same width on a 3 core and a 4 core radiator?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:31:51 PM by 70lt1z28 »

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: 1969 radiator question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »
funny thing, both of my 69 camaros ( one a small blk and one a bb)  have 4 radiaor mounting points. the 2 on the pass side are just bolts that screw into the radiator support. on the driver side both cars use bolts with nuts and washers.  Is this correct? and if not what is??  also if anyone knows the size and type of bolts, nuts, washers to use?  thank in advance 

PS  anyone have original radiator core top and bottom channels, 23 inches L x 2/3/4  W??

sorry guys one more question:  would the core channels be the same width on a 3 core and a 4 core radiator?

On the drivers side rubber well nuts were used, repro places sell them. BB rads were wider than SB, so they used the outer set of holes.

I would check to see if your local radator shop will replace them on your core first, before you spend money.  My rad guy will not do it because it may cause core failures.  I use a new radiator off ebay that has a close looking core and have the tanks replaced.  I did a CB one earlier and just had an auto one done.  I use a dremal tool to cut the Harrison hanger holes in the supports.

I do not know about the 3 core and 4 core differences. sorry

70lt1z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:26:04 AM »
thanks alot  kevin

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:43:52 AM »
A suggestion is to ask Heartbeat City if he will make a radiator with your parts. He makes a very nice correct looking core.
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.