Author Topic: Verification of Car's History?  (Read 3439 times)

Sean McRae

• View Profile
Verification of Car's History?
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:31 AM »
Does anyone know of a source or database that can retrieve the history of a Camaro, such as the way the car was equipped?  My build sheet is mostly unreadable.  I would like to find supporting documentation for my restoration efforts.  The car was Los Angeles built February 6, 1969.

Brandan

• 1969 Camaro SS 396 X-66 M22
    • View Profile
    • 1969 Camaro 396 SS M22
Re: Verification of Car's History?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
unless it was sold in Canada you are probably out of luck.   I have been trying to find out more info on my cars with no luck.  at least you have a build sheet.
Check out the 1969 ride!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676916/1

Check out the new project!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2960049

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »
Beyond printed factory documentation --that build sheet, POP, and the like-- your best sources of information are the previous owners.  Don't assume that's impossible, if it is not readily apparent.  I traced a 68 all the way back to the original dealer and owner last yeat, starting with just a receipt from Florida.  I picked up copies of titles, full set of pictures of a previous restoration, bill of sale --everything except that POP-- along the way.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:16:25 AM »
If you can get me a high resolution scan of the broadcast sheet, I should be able to decode the options it shows for you.
Kurt S
CRG

anything