Author Topic: Looking For Bob Jackson  (Read 13053 times)

hrecor

• View Profile
Looking For Bob Jackson
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »
Hello everyone,
I need some help locating Bob Jackson from Beverly Massachusetts. Bob was working on my 1969 Camaro, starting in 2001. I was going into the restoration knowing it was going to take some time, potentially a few years. Bob ran into some difficulty with his personal life and took time off from working on my car here and there, but I stayed with him. Then he closed his shop and took my car home to finish it. He then disappeared along with my car.  Anyone having any information on him would be greatly appreciated. Apparently he has a sister in Florida, so he may have gone off to there. I thought he was my friend, as I bent over backwards to accommodate his schedule in working on my car. Hopefully I can find him soon or I guess I will be forced to go to the police. Looks like I’ve been taken for a ride.

Here was his information:

Bob Jackson

Bob's Restoration Shop
126 Park Street
Beverly, MA 01915
978-927-4253.
Beverly, MA
bobsrestorationshop@aol.com
cell 978-335-8467

Again any help in finding Bob Jackson from Beverly, MA, and my 1969 Camaro, would be GREATLY appreciated.

1969 Camaro, base model, last I saw it the exterior paint was Dusk Blue.
VIN   123379N540663: Dash board tag & Title
124379N681356 (Cowl Tag : 12437181356 + 500,000)

Cowl Tag
ST 69 1 2 4 37 NOR 181356 BDY
TR 715 51 51
11C (no # code)

Not original engine:
block casting no.   3970010
Assembly code      V0724TDB
Partial VIN      C8S219693
Casting Date      G88

Thank you,

Hank Recor
Westwood, MA
hrecor@c7a.com
Cell 617-449-8334
Home 781-461-1812

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Bob Jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
Hank

When was the last time you heard from him?

hrecor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
I hate to say this, but it is about a year. I know it is a long time, however this was something that had happened several times with him. He would tell me has to stop working and take a real job somewhere but he would always get back to me. This time nothing. I was way too trusting, but I thought we were friends.

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »
If it has been an entire year with no contact between the two of you and you have tried to establish contact with him then its time to call the cops.  May be a really cold trail for them by now.  :'( 

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »
try using zabasearch.com to find the guy. I used it to find previous owners on some cars. Use google search engine typing in his shop name and or his name related with the shop.
good luck, looks like you need the police involved anyways..
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

hrecor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
Terrific idea about zabasearch. I am going to try it out.

thanks.

ZZ28

• 1968 Camaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13:15 PM »
Small world Hank,  I'm from Westwood, MA too.
You might have seen me driving around town in my '68 Camaro black with white stripes.

It's funny but a couple of years ago at a Patriots tailgate a friend of a friend was there and I think his name was Bob Jackson.  Not sure where he was from or what he did for work.
email me if you remember a description of what he looked like and I'll let you know if it's the same perosn.  It is a pretty common name though.

good luck and let us know how your search goes.

I hate to see anyone get swindled..

Patrick

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 01:59:40 AM »
If you have his old address send him a letter. If he left a forwarding address with the post office they will try to deliver the letter. Also google your vin.  Keep search often, you never know whan a reference may show up. Camaros.net has a place for stolen car alerts: http://www.camaros.net/alert.html

Good luck

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 12:39:24 AM »
I checked on the area code of my friend that just did the posterboard for my camaro. I am really good friends with him, I would suggest calling him, his number is on the site below (978 area code is what got me thinking, it matched yours). I checked his website and here is a page of all types of contact leads you could try (a few of them include your exact town actually).

make sure you google all variations of your vin (all, some, part..etc). That is a good one offered up previously...

talk to his shop landlord that booted him out, they would have had a clue on where he went, make sure you check shops next door also (they like to snitch on where he went). Believe it or not, that has worked for me in a similar situation.

If you can't find him in your state, but did find his age from a defunct address he was at, try that same age in neighboring states and you can find him that way too. I got lucky on that.

http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/car-shows/Car-shows.htm
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »
VIN   123379N540663: Dash board tag & Title
124379N681356 (Cowl Tag : 12437181356 + 500,000)

Cowl Tag
ST 69 12437 NOR 181356 BDY
Hank,
When you go to the police, the VIN is 123379N540663. I have no idea why you added 500,000 to the body #, but that is meaningless and will just confuse the police.

File a stolen vehicle report now. Absolutely no reason to wait!
You do have a title for the car, right?

Good luck!
Kurt S
CRG

hrecor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
Yes I do have the title and bill of sale from the previous owner. The car was registered and is still insured.
Thanks for all of the helpfull advice. I am going to file a report with the police. And I like the idea of talking to the neighboring shops, thanks!

hank

hrecor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:09 PM »
Patrick I sent you a PM. Feel free to email me.

Update. I went and filed a report with the police. The officer, after running the information, said it looks like there are several other reports from other folks he skipped out on. Hopefully with the information from us all the police will be able to track him down.
I went by Bob's old garge and a neighboring shop owner said the current tenant of Bob's garage knows Bob well. I went and talked to him and the guy said he hasn't heard from Bob in a long time. He said he would call me if he heard anything. Who knows.

Thanks again.

Hank

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29:56 AM »
Tell the new tennant you owe Bob money and want to make a payment. That may refresh his memory.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
o

hrecor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
I got my car back today!

The Beverly Police really came through for me. They were able to track Bob down through his mother who still lives nearby and applied pressure of having the car listed as a stolen vehicle. So Bob calls me, from the same phone number I've been leaving messages for him for ages, though he never called back until it was in his best interest, and says he could probably finish up the work he was doing for me in about six months. I said no thanks, just give me my car back. I can appreciate him going through some tough times but I'm done going through it with him.

So I got my car back and now it's time to get in the garage and get to work. Thanks to all those here who offered their support.

Thank Beverly PD!

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
Congrats!
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
o

anything