Author Topic: 67 Rally Wheels  (Read 4597 times)

dmansrs

• View Profile
67 Rally Wheels
« on: January 16, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »
Hey guys/gals I am new to this forum so I hope I posted this in the right area!

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with...
I have a 67rs that was built in Oct. 66 It has 14" rally wheels with an XB code with no date codes on all four wheels, it is my understanding that these are chevelle wheels and should not work with a disc brake set up but they work fine with no clearance issues. I have run across another gentleman with a 67 rs/ss convertible numbers matching car that he has had since the mid 70's and he has the same wheels no date code. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me because I keep hearing from everone that these wheels will not work on a disc brake car but they do, I have the proof in my garage!!

Thanks,

RickH

• View Profile
Re: 67 Rally Wheels
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:24:04 AM »
The XB is not a 1967 wheel and was found on 1968 and 1969 Chevelles and is a disc brake wheel. Sometime in In 1969 they were replaced by the YW wheel.

To be technically correct for your Camaro you should have DG or DA coded rally wheels. In 1967 the only way to get a rally wheel is if you had disc brakes. If you had drum brakes you got the solid wheel with hubcaps. Full or dog dish style.

Although you and the other gentleman have the same coded rally wheels they are not correct for the Camaro. As long as they work and you are not having the car judged for 100% correctness I would leave them on the car. Trying to find a complete set of DA or DG wheels could take you a while and be costly.

Rick H.

dmansrs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:58:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply, my car is a standard RS so I found a set of four DA wheels for my car and think I got a great deal $350.00
I did verify that there original. I have no idea how much I will show the car but I am making a run at building a properly date coded all GM car, I had no idea in the begining how much money this was going to cost verses going aftermarket on everything but I think it will pay off in the end!!

Ken D.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:14:56 PM »
Ken -

You got a great deal!  Now, see if you can find four "DF" rally wheels at that price.     ;)

Paul