Author Topic: Electric choke (+) / Pertronix ignition  (Read 19979 times)

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: Electric choke (+) / Pertronix ignition
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 03:44:50 AM »
John,

Thanks! I thought that resistor looked out of place on the fire wall.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
My original question sort of took a different direction, though it was very informative.  Now that the Pertronix wiring has been discused.  Will it be ok to wire the Pertronix module, Flame Thrower coil, and my electric choke into the same switched source?  The wipers or should I split them to 2 different sounces.
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »
My original question sort of took a different direction, though it was very informative.  Now that the Pertronix wiring has been discused.  Will it be ok to wire the Pertronix module, Flame Thrower coil, and my electric choke into the same switched source?  The wipers or should I split them to 2 different sounces.

I'd put the coil and choke on their own dedicated ignition-switched feed circuit from the fuse block, with a 15 or 20-amp fuse; the Flamethrower coil alone draws 8 amps. Two of my spare shop Holleys have electric chokes, and both measure 10 ohms, so they draw a little over one amp.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 01:17:09 AM »
Thanks John,
I was kind of figuring on doing that.  Just didn't know how much juce each pulled.  I'll hide the power soures in with the harness and pull them through inder the brake booster.
Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

anything