Author Topic: Looking for my original Z/28 engine  (Read 14401 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my original Z/28 engine
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:22 PM »
Not exactly repealed, revised (several times) and code numbers changed:

49 U.S.C. 30146 = (formerly 15 U.S.C. 1397)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:02:00 AM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »
GaryL,

Just build it and they will come. :-)  Seriously, it's much easier having the story out on the web, you don't have to keep repeating yourself to everyone that you meet. Just tell them to read the story. With the great leads that I got off CRG, I'll hit all the Camaro clubs in WI and IL, asking them if they remember the car and the owner.. I just tell the club president or VP to advise his members about the www.findmyengine.com website. Works great...

I'm actually going to start a "Post your own" find my engine area shortly. Would you like to be the first to post?

Jim

Yes I would! I have a feling that since the front clip was replaced on my car the engine and traany was sold and the body was sold/repaired seperately. Hopefully they still exist. They guy I bought my car from just called me today because he found some paperwork. I can hardly wait to see what it is!
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.

visualg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 12:24:05 AM »
Gary,

Give me until next week sometime and I should have it working for you and anyone else that would like to post.

69 Z11

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »
Sounds good, count me in too!
69 Z11
97 30th SS
Huggers at the Car Show

visualg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
Ok,

I played around and got a posting system working on findmyengine.com. It's works, but not user-friendly yet.. Because of the positive responses, I'll build out a nice database one shortly. Check it out, on the right side of the site, labeled "Post Your VINs" you can add in your car or your engine information. Don't worry, whatever information is inserted here, will be easy to export to the database system.

jim