Author Topic: General kinetics cam need help with specs???  (Read 6045 times)

lilbowilson

• View Profile
General kinetics cam need help with specs???
« on: December 25, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »
HI guys I just joined this site and I was wondering if you can help me find out the specs on this cam I got laying around
my shop? The cam says General Kinetics Detroit an this is whats stamped on it 744 IN beside it is 944#2  EX.  Than the cam has CIC and 109 Degree and CL stamped on it as well. Im pretty sure its a solid roller but I can't find anywhere on the net about these cams. Thanks for any help.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: General kinetics cam need help with specs???
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=2910.0
there is a thread re a GK can on this site.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

lilbowilson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:43:05 AM »
That thread doesn't really help me find out what I got.

CNorton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »
Someone may have an old GK catalog stashed away somewhere but, failing that, there are a few options.  You could locate a shop that has a computerized camshaft analysis package.  One of the machine shops I do business with has a "Cam Doctor" system that can rotate the camshaft on a fixture through a complete cycle and produce a printout of each lobe profile.  If that is not an option, as a last resort, you might consider mocking up the shaft in a short block and graphing it the old-fashioned way, with a degree wheel, pencil and paper.  It would appear that the numerical identifiers you have located are references to particular intake and exhaust lobe profiles that have been ground onto this cam with a 109 degree lobe separation angle.

anything