Author Topic: Last weekend to drive  (Read 6663 times)

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Last weekend to drive
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
Well fellow CRG members, this was our  last weekend for cruising. :'( Spend most of the weekend up in northern Wisconsin driving the rural roads just sightseeing. Even though we may have another good weekend coming up we stored the car when we got home about an hour ago. Getting ready for the winter projects. Our list of things to do is as follows.
New carpeting, new headlight wire harness ( last major harness!!!), replace or recore the radiator  :-\along with replacing the heater core, new roof weatherstripping, rebuild the carb,should have done that when I rebuilt the engine and maybe if the funds hold out new shocks.
How about anybody else? What projects have you got lined up for this coming winter??

Dave
dab67

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Last weekend to drive
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »
What projects have you got lined up for this coming winter??

Winter?    ???    I just got back from a "street burn" on my sport bike.  There's nothing more fun than sliding the rear tire through the turns while passing your buddies!!    ;D    84 degress Fahrenheit today and not a cloud in the sky!    :D

Paul

wtexz10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:57:26 AM »
I pulled it into the garage and put the car cover on.  Well at least until next weekend.  We get over 300 days of sunshine here in West Texas, so it won't stay there long.
It's 71 degrees at 8:00pm.

Kris ;D
69 Camaro Z10.. 72 GMC C1500
79 Mazda RX7.. 79 Trans Am WS6
06 Corvette Z06.. 10 BMW 650i

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 02:56:31 AM »
It's not exactly hot here at 8 PM, but we have had clear and sunny for 10 days in a row.  We didn't get that in the summer.  I thought I wouldn't get to break my motor in until next May, but I've got 300 miles in the last week.
68Z28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »
OK, Dave, you can get sympathy from me...  It is actually beautiful weather here in NC, and that's our problem.  We need rain!  Weeks of it!  And yes, I wouldn't drive it in the rain.

I'm getting the 68 painted this winter.  Going to put new wheels and tires on it (correct size, not oversized), new steering wheel (or at least get the cracks fixed), and maybe a few other interior "clean ups".  I may have to do some front end work, if the new wheels and tires don't smooth out the ride (but the front end has been rebuilt, so I'm hopeful. So first I'm getting my old oversized wheels checked.  I think one may be out of round.)  Last but not least, while the painting is being done, I'm going to get the correct badging, stripe and probably some new chrome, especially the bumpers.  (Remember the previous owner of the car did some really wierd things. Costing me a small fortune...)

I went to a great restoration shop the other week and saw a Camaro they are restoring for a NASCAR driver.  The custom paint job alone cost $28k!  (No, I can't afford those guys!  But at least they let me look around.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 08:44:30 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »
Well guys I feel your pain in the great weather you all have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip, sounds like you have some major projects planned for the winter also. I hope everything comes out the way you want it to. This should be our last (hopefully) list of big dollar items that we have to spend on the car. I haven't decided what to do regarding the Vinyl roof. I think that will be a wait and see project down the road.

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »
I'm going to re-do my vinyl top to go with the new paint job.  Have actually found a guy from the same folks who run Classic Muscle in Winston-Salem, NC to do the work (that I can't do...)

And hey, I may have spoken too soon... No rain yet, but it is dropping below freezing tonight!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

69 Z11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »
27 degrees last night and the Camaro is safe in storage........time to get the snowmobile out!

Yahoo!
69 Z11
97 30th SS
Huggers at the Car Show