Author Topic: 1969 seat track extender  (Read 9633 times)

zackan

• View Profile
1969 seat track extender
« on: October 19, 2007, 01:46:43 AM »
I recall seeing this item on ebay a few years ago. Extends the seat track several inches for taller drivers. Anyone know where it can be purchased?

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: 1969 seat track extender
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:23:56 AM »
I recall seeing this item on ebay a few years ago. Extends the seat track several inches for taller drivers. Anyone know where it can be purchased?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-69-Firebird-Camaro-66-67-Nova-seat-extenders_W0QQitemZ200164135108QQihZ010QQcategoryZ34206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paul

click

• View Profile
    • Our 69 RS
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:45:01 PM »
Make your own, its not hard. 3/8th steel stock, 4 holes in each one, bolt in and gain that head and leg room.
 :)

Click is Jim , central Minn.  Moderator at Team Camaro www.camaros.net

69 Z11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »
I bought a set from Bill (the guy on ebay above).  These are well made, easy to install, and they do what they are advertised to do.  As I understand it, he followed the original design.  Read somewhere that way when the car was being designed the originals were made at the request of John Delorean?  John Z have you heard this?
69 Z11
97 30th SS
Huggers at the Car Show

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:21:56 PM »
I bought a set from Bill (the guy on ebay above).  These are well made, easy to install, and they do what they are advertised to do.  As I understand it, he followed the original design.  Read somewhere that way when the car was being designed the originals were made at the request of John Delorean?  John Z have you heard this?

The car was designed long before DeLorean showed up, but the Engineering Garage probably made up a set for him. We bought a DeTomaso Mangusta as a reference car during the early development program for the mid-engine Corvette, and he couldn't fit in it either - we spent a month moving the rear bulkhead rearward and modifying the seats for more legroom for him, and he drove it once.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 03:01:04 AM »
Was there ever a power seat option from the dealer for the first gen Camaros.  I have a factory bucket seat power track and switches from my 68 Cutlass that I owned back in 1986 and it works perfect.  I removed it to install later model seats and threw it up in my attic where it still sits and the car is long gone.  I installed it temporarily in my 69 Camaro just to see if it fit and I find it fits the Camaro seat and floor with all of the holes lining up perfect.  The only problem is is sits about an inch higher than a non power seat and not great for a tall person.  I suppose if you were short and needed some height this would be perfect.  But I was wondering that if GM did this for the Cutlass, maybe they saw a need for the Camaro as well.  Just thought I would ask.  I think I remember seeing a power seat track at Rick's showroom in his glass case display, but I don't remember for sure. Was this the same unit or was there one specifically for the first gen?