Author Topic: Detroit speed wiper motor versus 4th Gen. Camaro  (Read 6275 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Detroit speed wiper motor versus 4th Gen. Camaro
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:38 AM »
I just noticed that the updated wiper motor offered by Detroit speed and engineering is the exact same wiper motor used in 4th gen Camaros/Firebirds.  Other than making an adapter plate, what else would need to be done?  I suppose some type of switch would be needed.  Any ideas what switch could be used or from what donor car maybe?  I can certainly get a 4th gen wiper motor cheap and don't mind doing some fabricating to make it fit.  Not to pick on DSE but $300 is kinda hefty (for me at least) and if I can make my own for only a few bucks I would certainly try.  Any ideas on what would be needed and what switch to use etc? 

Thanks.

Steve

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: Detroit speed wiper motor versus 4th Gen. Camaro
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »
Steve:
I got the DSE wiper kit for my '68. (It is great, by the way.) You'd need to find a multi-position switch with the right combination of connections. If you can pick up the wiper motor from the salvager for a few bucks and hook it to a battery, I bet you could find several wire combos that would work.
Cheers,
Steve

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Detroit speed wiper motor versus 4th Gen. Camaro
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
Are you able to send me a tracing of the adaptor plate that comes with the DSE motor?  I installed a 4th gen steering column in my 69 so I can now use the switch on the column.  All I need is to make the plate that adapts the 4th gen motor to the firewall and I'm good to go.