Author Topic: Quadrajet - air cleaner "SPACER" originally used?  (Read 5981 times)

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
Quadrajet - air cleaner "SPACER" originally used?
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »

I recently purchased a repro air cleaner assembly where the BASE hits on areas of the carb (QJet) before it seats completely to the round gasket. The thread over on Team Camaro ( http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116939 ) seems to indicate a "spacer" was (should be?) used under the base?
  I was/am not aware of this, ...and am curious if there was indeed a spacer and/or if so, does anyone have a photo of an original? ...if indeed one was used.

Thanks,
              Kevin

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quadrajet - air cleaner "SPACER" originally used?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »
No spacer in the AIM only a gasket.  L34/55 and L78 all use the same base so it probably just an incorrectly repro'ed part.  Guess we need pictures of original BB air cleaners and the repro versions.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »
...Thanks Mark..., I'm going to get some photos of the repro posted, ...showing where I needed to 'modifiy' it to get it to fit. I would love to see pics of the bottom side of an original...

Kevin

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
I can't take credit for these pics.... saw them a while back comparing chevelle original and repop... so here are the original pics

good luck
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS