Author Topic: Judging manual  (Read 6017 times)

3Zs

• View Profile
Judging manual
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
Guys, this subject has come up before but I cannot find the thread.  In the process of restoring my '68 RS Z/28, the restoration shop has inquired about the availability of a judging manual.  Our goal is to take this car to the Camaro Nationals next summer, so we are trying to avoid as many screw-ups as possible.  Is there an actual judging manual available for purchase?

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Judging manual
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »
We are in the process of writing it now.  Hope to have this finished sometime early next year.

Jerry

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
Until it's ready, get a factory assembly manual available at all the camaro suppliers. Refered to as the "AIM" on this site.
Sam

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »
Jerry's fine book will be a great help also...their's a section on original finishes.
Sam

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 02:44:45 AM »
Guys I have mixed feelings on this one.... as much as I wished I had a "manual" prior to going to the Nats my concern is that if everything is laid out completely then we would start to see "cookie cutter" restorations... everyone following the same "build it this way" format...

There is so much good material out there the best part of it is the research.... heck replacing the same part two and maybe three times to get it just so.  Half the fun is talking to other owners, looking under cars, taking pics at car shows, talking to vendors etc.  Everytime I bought another part, I sometimes considered getting TWO just because some of this stuff is getting hard to find..

So the information is out there and the first time you get judged it can be a bit humbling but you make notes and get on it when you can.

We've had interesting discussions at TC about correct SS trim rings, finishes, bolt patterns and colours... makes it part of the hobby IMO

either way it is all good
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »
Is this going to be as specific as Corvette?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything