Author Topic: will wonders never cease!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7528 times)

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
will wonders never cease!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »
My wife up and did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a "hit list" of items we would like to replace on our 67. One of these items is the walnut steering wheel, ours is cracked in 3 places. Presently my wife is in Vegas with her Sister. I get home from work and there is a large package on our porch. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it other than it was addressed to my wife. I know she has been looking for a dress for our granddaughter for an upcoming wedding so I'm guessing this is it. I no sooner get in the house and the phone is ringing, my wife calling asking if the mail had arrived, well the package is for me (birthday tomorrow) inside is an OER walnut steering wheel!! ;D I think I need to send her on short vacations more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scratch the wheel off the "hit list"

Dave

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: will wonders never cease!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
Dave -

Does your wife have a sister?    ;D

Paul

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »
yepper, but she is taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ;)

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 02:50:36 AM »
Lucky stiff.....lmao  ^5 Dab
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »
Presently my wife is in Vegas with her Sister.

I just would wonder what she did in Vegas to make her feel she had to get you that wheel........... ;D
remember,  What happens in Vegas......... stays in Vegas!!! :o
 :D

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »
Hey Dave,

Glad to know your Mrs. is a Camaro lover, too.  I saw a guy at a show last week wearing a T-shirt that said, "Will trade wife for Camaro!"  But let's remember the long-suffering spouses who put up with our time in the garage and the expense, who could care less about any car.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:08:13 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
Phillip:

How true how true, I am very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys the car as much as I do. The last couple of weeks here in Wisconsin have been miserable weather wise and we have missed a few shows and swaps meets because of it. I think she was more upset about that than I!!!!!!!!
We are getting pounded again, Chicago ( 50 miles to the south) is really getting hammered. This last storm shut down parts of Eastbound I-94. I am hoping we have good weather SAt and Sun. two shows we really enjoy going to are this weekend. One sponsored by Vets of the 82nd Airborne here in Kenosha I get to joke with a few of the Vets becasue I did a little time with the 173rd back in '69-70. and one in Racine sponsored by the Walk of Life Foundation of Racine. My wife was supposed to be home today but they were given the option to stay one more day by the airlines because of all the problems in Chicago. The new wheel is on and looks outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Dave

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
And here in Cincinnati 300 miles from Chicago, we haven't seen rain for 4 weeks at least. Amazing how conditions can be so different in areas so close together.

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:09:28 AM »
True guys!

Here in western NC, we're in a drought!  The lake (of Lakeholme) is down nearly six feet.  Great driving weather  --but I did have to run the vintage AC during those 100+ days.  Now, it is down to a balmy 94, gas prices are dropping... Let's go cruising!

But do send some rain our way!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 05:44:52 AM »
Out west in beautiful Northern California it was a perfect 83*F.  I took the family to the local water park to celebrate the last day of my children's summer vacation (school starts on Monday -  :) ).  Yes, yet another day I spent wearing only a chrome thong, driving the women wild!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Paul 

anything