CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 07:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
107639 Posts in 12512 Topics by 4813 Members
Latest Member: fsc66
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  IROC wheels on a first gen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IROC wheels on a first gen  (Read 2732 times)
420GOAT

View Profile Email
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »

has anyone ever put these on a first gen?....if so any issue...i want to put 16 inch irocs from an 88 on.........anyone?

I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!
sd1968z28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 02:22:18 PM »

i put old style rallys on a 85 camaro once, fit fine.  so i don't see any reason you couldn't put the iroc wheels on a first gen.  lets see some pics?
tim69camaro

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:17:13 PM »

I put Iroc wheels on my 1981 Z28 years ago. I had to put the front on the rear and use wheel spacers with longer studs to get clearance on the control arms. It still required some work. I tried them on my 69 one time and it was even farther from fitting. I am certain you can make them work with some effort, but it will not be a direct bolt on because of the big difference in wheel offset or backspacing depending on what you want to call it. Good luck.

Tim Bailey
420GOAT

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »

yeah thanks....i dont want that hassle....im gonna get four wheel disc kit from cpp, and wanted some wheels to show my cross drilled rotors.....cant spend a grand on whheels yet.....but can get some double line irocs for a song.........ill probably go with rallys...or buy em to tade/sell......thanks.

I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: