Author Topic: Aftermarket front buckets  (Read 6968 times)

waynechipman

• View Profile
Aftermarket front buckets
« on: December 28, 2005, 07:23:15 PM »
Hi does anyone know what front buckets I could buy that would bolt right in. The idea of changing any of the metal or any welding on the Car is not an option in my book. Help would be greatly appreciated on this one Thanks Guys or any Chicks that have one of these. Mine is 69  stock 4 speed with console and console has to stay. Im taking mine to PIR this spring and am gonna spank all foriegn trash that wants to step up to the line. Hate hearing them talk about fantasy horsepower that has no Torque.

waynechipman

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket front buckets
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
Come on someone has to know this one

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 04:33:28 AM »
Not sure if this helps, but I believe you should be able to make any seat fit your brackets.  That way no floor metal is messed with.  If the seat does not fit your brackets properly, then simply use metal stock and fabricate to fit the seat to the stock brackets themselves. 

arocars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 05:39:33 AM »
3rd and 4th gen Camaro seats will fit the first gen, just use your existing 1st gen seat brackets and bolt them to the new seats.  Please note: I've read this several times on other sites but haven't actually tried it myself.  I also saw where some guy cut the tabs off the fourth gen seats brackets and then rewelded them on so they lined up with the holes in the floor of the first gen.