Author Topic: Aftermarket dash gauge bezels for 1969 Camaro?  (Read 6918 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Aftermarket dash gauge bezels for 1969 Camaro?
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »
I see Covan and DSE make an aftermarket gauge bezel for 69 Camaro.  I like DSE but it's a bit pricey at $550 and Covans is nice, but not the look I want.  Are there any other companies that anyone can recommend that make an aftermarket gauge bezel for my car?

Thanks,

Steve

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket dash gauge bezels for 1969 Camaro?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 02:28:04 AM »
Call Kelly, Greg or Dan at Rick's First Generation, 800-359-7717, they will know for sure.

Jerry

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »
I had deceided to go with the covan classic brushed aluminum.  They sent me a sample and I liked the color and smooth texture.  However, they do NOT make the lower plastic piece that goes around the steering column and I am stuck having to use my origianl one.  The problem with this is the texture is completely different and I highly doubt I can find paint to match their brushed aluminum color.  I spoke with Covan and they state that they are working on developing this lower piece but it will be at least a year.  Does anyone know of any differnet manufactuers that I could check out.  Also, is there a way to fit autometer 3/38" gauges in a factory bezel?  If so, I may just install my aftermarket tach and speedo in the factory bezel and put the other guages under the dash or in a console of some sorts.  Thanks.

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
If you were to buy a repo of the lower plastic piece with texture, then sand the texture off, with say 220 grit wet or dry, you could probaly match the texture close enough. Then if you got some alum. spray paint, you may be able to match good enough to use it untill you can get a correct one. Just a thought.
Sam

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 11:07:50 PM »
I've been thinking about the Covans piece. Post a pick when your done.

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o