Author Topic: 67 rs/ss help  (Read 6588 times)

stingray1

• View Profile
67 rs/ss help
« on: July 02, 2007, 12:41:33 PM »
hi guys,i

i just found this site today and have more then a few ¿ that i hope someone here can answer ..(L@@KS like alot of good knowledge around here).. about my
67 rs/ss that im restoring..

1st off, i had the car totally sandblasted at a local shop, and now i notice the trim tag off the firewall is missing. that i guess is my 1st problem! does anyone know another way to identify what this car had as far as trim package and paint ect ect.  also i have most the emblems the car had when i  got it, but im concerned whether they are the right ones and where they were located on the car....can anyone help me or point me in the right direction..i would be gratful for any help you guys could give!

PAPPAWESOS

• View Profile
Re: 67 rs/ss help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:50:39 AM »
Im no expert by any means, hence ''newbie'' but from the hours and hours Ive spent reading posts , I would have to say submit the vin# to CRG and see if it might be there, if not start at your DMV, title search- original owner stuff.  GOOD LUCK.

stingray1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »
thanks pappa, not sure what you mean,summit it to CRG..but ill go back over there and look around again.

stingray1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »
this is why i asked here

While we previously had a separate CRG question submission form, we now ask that you please ask your CRG questions via the CRG Forum. Access to the CRG Forum can be found via the CRG Forum link on the CRG home page. If you are not registered with the CRG Forum, you may do so at the registration link.

In its first years CRG regularly maintained this ASK CRG! page, giving readers an opportunity to submit questions via a web-based form. For a time we tabulated the questions and answers. However, when the CUS/CRG Forum was kicked-off, we began to deemphasize on-line responses to ASK CRG!   Starting February 2000 we eliminated updates to the ASK CRG! questions and answers, and starting Feburary 2005 we eliminated the ASK CRG! question submission form; we now ask that readers please direct questions to the CRG Forum.

However, you can still read the archives from the previously asked questions, and CRG responses:

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:57 PM »
OK, let's see, you took the car apart and lost the trim tag. Now you want to have someone tell you what options were on the car when you took it apart.. And you have THAT avitar?? I wouldn't expect too much help.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

stingray1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »
haha...no i didnt take the car apart and lose anything wise one..i sent the car to get sandblasted and it returned without the trim tag! i want to make sure the car is correct or as close as it can be. just because it currently has a big block in it, does not mean it came with one(which it didnt). thats why im looking for help cause im not a know it all like some ppl...thanks anyway

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about getting it like it was, without the trim tag its meaningless. Just fix it up nice and enjoy it.

Later
Buddy

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 03:04:39 AM »
Post the VIN and maybe someone here can see if they have any previous info on the car. It is possible they may have nothing.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

anything