Author Topic: 68 big block A/C hoses  (Read 5344 times)

ccargo

• View Profile
68 big block A/C hoses
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Anyone have an idea where I can find a set of A/C hoses for my 68 396? I have come up empty with any reproductions or used sources  ???
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: 68 big block A/C hoses
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:29 PM »
Should be able to get them manufactured locally at a competent a/c shop if you have the reference data from the A.I.M showing routing, etc.  That data and hving the car itself should let any competent shop fab you up a set of a/c hoses.
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
Pat, you have an L78. No A/C available on the L78 so you don't have to worry about hoses!!!

Ed

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
I was hoping someone reproduced the correct style and length to make the process easier. I have everything in place and all the fittings,valves and clamps are there. I was going to take it to a local shop and convert it to 134 and see if it would fire up? Different 68 BB car Ed. I have a corvette bronze 68 L35 that's optioned very well including A/C :) I drove it 2 1/2 hours each way to a show the other day in 98 degree heat and thought it was silly not to try and see if it works. I'll most likely end up throwing more money at it than planned and then the heat wave will break :)

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »
Pat, you need to update your signature to include your other car(s)!!! Let's see what else you have.

:)

Ed

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:27:45 PM »
Not a big collection at all besides whats on my signature and the L35 bronze A/C car here. I also have an identical L48 bronze white top A/C car...his and hers :) Both cars are LOS builds from within a couple weeks of each other. Both have born with drivetrains. I also have a white with black top, black houndstooth 68 L48 RS/SS with original motor but not the trans. I bought the car years ago in Georgia from a online ad. Made the drive from Indiana to find a bondo bucket with tons of problems to be fixed. It belonged to a young soldier being deployed to Afganistan post 9/11.....all he had in the world. His pregnant wife was sitting on the steps of the trailer they lived in so I just dropped his asking price in cash on her lap and wished them well and his safe return. That car has been sitting in the corner of the garage covered in dust ever since. Best money I've spent/wasted in this hobby.

anything