Author Topic: grey/white spatter paint in 67 trunk?  (Read 16660 times)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: grey/white spatter paint in 67 trunk?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 04:32:00 AM »
Joe,
That's the correct color. Whatever you choose to call it. :)
Kurt S
CRG

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 03:12:26 AM »
Thanks Kurt.

I had always thought it was black so when everyone started talking about grey I started to question my assumptions. 

You know, I had three of my YH rims out of the shed the other day and then put them back in...only then did I remember that you wanted dates...doi! (imagine Homer smacking his head)...I'll dig them back out for you.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 03:38:27 AM »
The best available trunk paint is either through Larry Christensen of Camaros Plus or Brian Henderson at Supercar Workshop.

Those are your only two choices if you want it done right.  That's it.

Jerry

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 10:06:41 PM »
The best available trunk paint is either through Larry Christensen of Camaros Plus or Brian Henderson at Supercar Workshop.

Those are your only two choices if you want it done right.  That's it.

Jerry
That was clear from your previous posts.  If I want the most correct restoration trunk paint then I need to get it from one of those two guys.  The thing is that I would like to look at a trunk that is done and decide if it is the appropriate color...thus the semantic discussion over the grey and black above was throwing me. 

I've always thought it was black...so anytime that I saw a grey trunk I assumed it was wrong.  Your assertion that it should be grey made me question what I thought I knew (always room to learn).   Now, thanks to visual aids and KurtS, I know that the color I consider black is the correct shade but is referred to as grey.

BTW, did GM call it grey (if anything) or is that what we call it in the present?  And no, I'm not nitpicking.  Just curious
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:38:57 PM by Flowjoe »

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:25 AM »
Daniel and I compaired our cars last week at the show.  He has an LA car and mine is a Norwood.  They are both very close and you're right, it's the way you call out the gray base color paint.........could be called black in come people's eyes.  It is a dark gray.

Jerry

anything