Author Topic: fuel additive for winter storage?  (Read 441 times)

hotz

• View Profile
fuel additive for winter storage?
« on: December 07, 2023, 05:11:36 AM »
Hello everyone, Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays.
My question today about what fuel additive/stabilizer to all of you use when parking your cars for the winter? I generally don't put 20 miles on my car a year so sometimes the gas can get a little old since the car is sitting. Gas might be a year or two old before it gets used up. I generally use Ethanol free gas and vary on the octane level. What would you recommend to add to the gas tank that will aid in keeping gas good?

This is for a few cars. I have a 1922 touring but also have a 1969 Camaro and 57 Nomad. Would you use the same additive in all of the cars or is there something different thats better for different year cars?

Thanks for the help and look forward to hearing back from you all

rocco376

• View Profile
Re: fuel additive for winter storage?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 11:41:08 AM »
I like Seafoam.  Seems to keep the gas fresh.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 01:09:54 PM »
I have five old cars and a 24 ft boat. I put non ethanol in the prewar cars and boat.  During the winter I use Sta-bil products. Everything starts right back up in the Spring.
I have used Seafoam in the past mainly to clean out carbon deposits and moisture when I first buy an old car.
For two years, thanks to Covid, we didn’t run the boat. I really thought the gas would be bad and the fuel injectors would have to be replaced. Thanks to Sta-bil Marine it started right up and ran fine.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 03:17:32 PM »
Sta-bil for Ethanol cars here.

anything