Author Topic: Original Drive Train Cars  (Read 2200 times)

GMAD_Van Nuys

• View Profile
Re: Original Drive Train Cars
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2023, 03:39:33 PM »
I am the third owner of a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am and have all the original documents, which also includes the dealer invoice, warranty repairs and dealer service invoices and didn't check the VIN number on the transmission until I had to replace the starter motor and the number stamped on the Borg Warner Super T-10 matched the VIN number. 

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »
Money back guarantee?? That's a first!!
Are you still looking?

rocco376

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2023, 06:56:58 PM »
No money back guarantee-it was a bit contentious to say the least.  Still looking-since I was 16 years old in 1979 lol.  Thought I finally had "The One".

Hans L

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 09:42:34 PM »
"Born With" seems to be the newest most accepted term to imply original installed in the factory, stamped at the factory driveline.  Back in the day, it was either Numbers Matching or NOM...Non-Original Motor....in fact, at one point "Numbers Matching" meant EVERYTHING matched - from engine block to all the various components...
https://www.instagram.com/69camarorsz28/
'69 Camaro RS Z/28 Van Nuys Built
'69 Chevelle SS 396 4 Speed

GMAD_Van Nuys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2023, 10:03:50 PM »
I found an article that appeared in Hagerty in 2004 about the subject of matching numbers:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/matching-numbers-make-collector-cars-more-valuable/

Hagerty mentions that having matching numbers could significant make the vehicle more valuable. 

anything