Author Topic: 67 seat belt on console info - help  (Read 1015 times)

Jrivera88

• View Profile
67 seat belt on console info - help
« on: June 03, 2023, 03:23:40 PM »
Looking to see how the buckles would mount to the center Console .I have mounts for shoulder belts , that look pretty factory . The car had no seat belts installed when I got it  . I can’t find clips on the console but that’s my best guess . I check the trans tube and found this refer to picture . Question are how safe are the center console seat belt mounts ? Dose any one have any pictures I can get ? Is it possible to drill and tap the trans tunnel ? I ordered 3 point seat belts from morris , waiting on them to come . Wanted to see what the best route for safety on the seat belt install . Thanks !

MO

• View Profile
Re: 67 seat belt on console info - help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 05:29:15 AM »
Not sure what your picture is representing, but it sounds like your question is asking if the shoulder belt would attach to the console clips to restrain the occupant? If that is the question, no. There would be a separate belt and clip to secure the shoulder belt. The console clips were simply a means to organize the belts so they didn't fall between the seat and tunnel. Can you post a pic of the shoulder belts and buckle clips behind the front seats?

Here is some useful info: http://www.camaros.org/options.shtml#ShoulderHarness

Jrivera88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »
Picture is showing the trans tunnel there the 68 & 69 have the seat belts located . Mine were punched but not drilled . I didn’t see any where on the tunnel where I would attached the buckle end to . So I was trying to get some info on where the mounts would be .

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 09:42:55 PM »
A few not close ups would help.

Badshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 01:52:09 AM »
If you look underneath your car on the tunnel, you will see the seat belt mounting pads. There is no such thing as “punched but not drilled”. They are doubler plates with threaded bungs for the center seat belts on every Camaro. Unless they were removed for some unknown reason.
1969 Z28 X77 09C

Jrivera88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 02:03:40 AM »
Thanks im going to get the car in the air so I can locate them . The PO before me must of covered them with some with the under mat , why I have no clue but I couldn’t locate them . Hopefully it’s not to much a pain the ass with the the trans In .  Thanks for the help !

anything