Author Topic: Original Glass?  (Read 777 times)

Shortiecar

• Looking for anything on car 9L512227.
    • View Profile
Original Glass?
« on: May 09, 2023, 02:34:35 AM »
Over the last few months nothing much has happened over here with the 69 Camaro, car 9L512227. Except something extraordinary has happened. The previous previous owner reached out to me about the car from the 80s… or his son. User Jonathan Mouchets Father and uncle purchased my dads camaro in Atlanta in 1985 for $2500. The story? It was Driven off of a bridge  between the Georgia SC line! It was then swapped from a 350 to a 307. My father, the owner for the last 29 years passed away on March 6th leaving me, his 15 year old son the will to the car. 2 weeks later Jonathan reached out to me saying he didn’t know where it had been and if it was the water car by any chance and I showed him the subframe that had been cut out and replaced from a wreck that kept the whole car in tact but didnt know what camaro they had was the water car. The thing that im wondering is about the window date coding. The car was built 12/12/68. The window codes are scattered and the codes are lapping 1968, 1969 and 1980’s codes. I cant tell whats which cause of the variety in times. The car was built in 68, the glass could have been replaced from another 69 but the car might have 1980s replacement glass, I just cant tell. Can anyone help confirm all the dates?
Looking for anything on car 9L512227. Have owned for 28 years, missing original paperwork, #’s matching engine and transmission, and PoP. NCRS DATA 12/12/68 Los Angeles matches as 12B POP and Shipped as special order to Owen Keown Chevrolet Marina Del Rey. Special order because the car is a 71B Conv

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Original Glass?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 01:10:32 PM »
Read THIS. Everything you wanted to know about glass but were afraid to ask!

Ed

anything