Author Topic: Old Mustang guy looking at a 69 Z28, Help please  (Read 5387 times)

PRoss

• View Profile
Re: Old Mustang guy looking at a 69 Z28, Help please
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2023, 09:34:17 PM »
I feel the same way. So what do you think of the bidding on that ebay Z?

Non oe engine projects are valued as the sum of the parts.

Buildable chassis w/good title, 12 bolt axle, trans & shifter. Body has more rust than is obvious, concerned about the filler in the roof above the windshield. Really crusty undercarriage. Trunk floor and frame rails look weak. Assuming the trans is original [aftermarket shifter] and the axle is original BU/BV, it's already high IMHO.

So, as the story continues....the rear axle is not the original 12 inch. My gut; as well as all the great advice, observations, and input I have received on this site and the camaros.net site; has me heavily leaning to pass on this. The asking price is $15k and as I learn more, I am thinking this is a $8k car. I would rather spend twice as much and get a nice solid first gen with a 4spd. I will let ya'll know if things change. Thank you for all the lhelp!

LOL Mustang guy! Gotcha again! 9 inch Ford, 12 bolt Chevy. I love that you put yourself out there! Anything we can do to help you bridge the manufacturers gap is good. There are certainly things about other manufactures that I don't know and appreciate learning about when I get schooled!

As for a CE motor, not as good as original, but not a deal breaker either. I'm sure there are more NOM cars remaining than original motor cars.

You're killing me :) .... somebody moved the dizzy to the back of the engine.... ;)

MO

• View Profile
Re: Old Mustang guy looking at a 69 Z28, Help please
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2023, 05:38:16 AM »
LOL, that's the spirit!

anything