Author Topic: OWNERS PROTECTION PLAN BOOKLET  (Read 1122 times)

ALLZS

• View Profile
OWNERS PROTECTION PLAN BOOKLET
« on: November 11, 2022, 01:34:43 PM »
not sure where to post this  , looking at buying a 69 Camaro and the original p o p does not have any original owners name info printed on the back side it has the dealer info stamped on it but no owner info how common is that  just thought was a red flag

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: OWNERS PROTECTION PLAN BOOKLET
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:42:27 PM »
Sounds like a warranty transfer, car was resold by dealer while still under factory warranty.  My .02

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 04:10:03 PM »
I too feel that is the answer. When the second owner purchased the car, they went to their local Chevrolet dealership to have the 5/50 "Application for Transfer of Warranty" sheet for the warranty balance transferred into their name. The new plate showed up in the mail with a small directions sheet. The sheet shows you how to cut part of the back cover away and install the new plate. No longer any reason to have the original owner info on YOUR plate. I am in the process of selling some cars that have the plain plate. I purchased a '68 Z/28 not too long ago. It actually came with the ORIGINAL POP with the original owner info. It has the Dyna Tab tape. Which would mean the second owner did not transfer warranty in his name. Danny

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 04:33:46 PM »
This POP is still attached to the original booklet. It has the original owner info tape. ... Danny

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »
not sure where to post this  , looking at buying a 69 Camaro and the original p o p does not have any original owners name info printed on the back side it has the dealer info stamped on it but no owner info how common is that  just thought was a red flag

Post a picture of it.

Ed