Author Topic: Rear window trim clips  (Read 1993 times)

Tinkerr

• View Profile
Rear window trim clips
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:35:06 AM »
I'm using the clip on the left for the rear window trim, but it slides on and off the stud with no resistance. I bent the small center portion so it catches the stud and stays attached. Anybody had this problem? Short comings of repo clips?

Chuck-68-Cam

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
Re: Rear window trim clips
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 01:39:04 AM »
Read this post all the way through. Seems it may have some answers for you.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=12282.msg165388#msg165388

Chuck

68 Camaro SST 350/TH400

69DuskBlueRS/Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 05:14:44 PM »
I know it's not correct but I have used these plastic clips to inhibit corrosion.  Part number C11565 from Clark's Corvair parts.  https://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?show_page=209

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 05:37:33 PM »
I stock clips from Aveco or W&E by the box because I do this often and do not have a problem with them holding securely to the stud or the moldings. I'm out of the red straight and red ramp clips. You'll have to wait for my reorder or look them up in the catalogs. I don't buy from vendors. Because roof skin channel depth varies on the many roofs I've replaced, I use different clips for proper molding elevation.

Tinkerr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 10:20:25 PM »
I ordered 20 of the plastic clips today, they peaked my curiosity. The skeptic would say if they worked well, why did GM not continue using them on other applications and eliminate the metal clip, heat Distortion in summer, plastic deterioration, couldn't take the stress of those Hi Performance 69 Z28's  ;D

Sauron, I looked at the web-site for Aveco apparently the now own W&E. They only sell to Distributors. I maybe in touch after I receive the plastic clips.

Thanks for the responses Paul

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 06:25:51 PM »
I ordered 20 of the plastic clips today, they peaked my curiosity. The skeptic would say if they worked well, why did GM not continue using them on other applications and eliminate the metal clip, heat Distortion in summer, plastic deterioration, couldn't take the stress of those Hi Performance 69 Z28's  ;D

Sauron, I looked at the web-site for Aveco apparently the now own W&E. They only sell to Distributors. I maybe in touch after I receive the plastic clips.
I get them from numerous local autobody supply stores and they deliver to my shop. Scott

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 03:24:52 AM by KurtS »

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 09:26:29 PM »
Auveco 11067 and W&E 379. I use others depending on the job. Boxes in stock. I'd love to see a judge with zero bodywork experience yank moldings to see if the clips are factory correct. They can float me a deposit first. No big deal. I do this everyday all week.