Author Topic: Camaro Nationals  (Read 6974 times)

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: Camaro Nationals
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 12:48:48 AM »
Nice meeting you Chick! Beautiful car, I'm sorry we did not get to talk more, but a lot to see there! 

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 01:07:33 AM »
Awesome show - announced over 500 cars in attendance. 
Glad there was a McD's in walking distance......

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2022, 02:53:56 AM »
So when was the show moved to Morgantown? I was not the only one driving around Fredrick, saw several early cars. I do not recall anyone mentioning it. Guess I should have googled it before I left.

Not sure when but in the last few years.

Information link.   https://www.camaronationals.online/
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2022, 03:35:18 AM »
I'm real sure I was at it in Fredrick last year.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2022, 03:56:16 AM »
This is the first year for the new venue. The change was announced sometime after the last show at Frederick. Couldn't make it this year, but plan to next year.

bergy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
Outstanding show!  Great venue, well organized, beautiful cars (inside and outside).  Everything from a 69 ZL1 to grocery getters; from the best original first gens in the world to the best resto-mods in the world  - something for everyone.  This is a "can't miss show every year.  Oh - and a big thanks to all of the volunteers who worked tirelessly to make it happen!

duntov3030

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »
I think the 67 68 should be separated like the 69. There are more than enough differences and information available to legitimately make independent guides. I also believe it does a complete disservice to lump them together, as if there is nothing worth noting about the differences. Will it be easy? No. Consume tens of thousands of hours of time, effort,research, documentation, questions, and rechecking it all again? Yes.  Just my opinion, but I’ll be happy to help the project regardless….all you have to do is ask.
Concur...
Butch

'67 Z/28 RS Tuxedo Black

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 07:24:29 AM »
I had a great time at the Camaro Nationals. First time attending and It was great to meet Chick, David k., Wayne Guinn, Jerry Thompson, Jim Hughes, and a handful of other guys. Wayne Guinn's presentation on Cross rams and HD parts with Jerry Thompson was worth the trip from the west coast. 🙂
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 11:20:38 AM »
Can you imagine if this show was moved to the middle of the country so everyone had a chance to attend?

It would be a monster of a show.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2022, 02:39:23 PM »
SoCal would be a great place too. As well as 20 other locations. But anyone who has ever organized or volunteered in a large event of any kind (like I have) or started and headed up a car club (yes) will tell you how much work is involved on a continuing basis. And it take volunteers who are committed to the cause.
You don’t need a national show to get those Bitchin Camaros to your area for all to see. Put on a Camaros Only show with participant voting like my club did—shout out to Mid Atlantic and the now defunct Pallone Chevrolet in Springfield, Virginia. Back in the 90’s, we would get over 100 for a single day show.
No “judge didn’t like my car” issues, because we did  “participant voting”.
Been there, done that, and the work is worth the effort at the end of the day. Feel free to PM if you’re actually serious and I’ll help. Isn’t that what this forum is about? Helping our fellow enthusiasts?

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2022, 03:03:29 PM »
I had a great time at the Camaro Nationals. First time attending and It was great to meet Chick, David k., Wayne Guinn, Jerry Thompson, Jim Hughes, and a handful of other guys. Wayne Guinn's presentation on Cross rams and HD parts with Jerry Thompson was worth the trip from the west coast. 🙂

AH Crud,   please tell me someone Videoed this,,,,,
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 03:07:08 PM »
Omaha or Kansas City would be good locations for a national show.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2022, 03:21:16 PM »
It'll never move - the people who run this show are devoted to the charity in Pennsylvania.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »

AH Crud,   please tell me someone Videoed this,,,,,

There was a video-grapher but I am not sure of the quality because of the issues with the mic at times. Day 1 presentation featured Jerry Thompson which included a lot of history and the story of development. I was even able to see some early "napkin" type drawings which was very cool. The 2nd day featured Dennis Borem (nascar engine builder at Pro Motor Engines). Wayne had a large presence both days and had a lot of content and insight. So there was a technical aspect and how they were able to reach 480HP for Martin Maltesen's build. Each day featured a Q & A, where many good questions and discussion came in.  I would recommend anyone with a interest to attend. The origins of the Z and the HD parts used is very interesting to learn about.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2022, 06:05:34 PM »
Couple of my favorite pics from the event ( I missed taking one with Steve Shauger). Chick is a great guy, I was glad to finally meet him in person. Following the restoration on his car and then seeing the detail in person was awesome.

anything