Author Topic: Didn’t know it would be so difficult  (Read 1035 times)

Fanthomgreen69

• View Profile
Didn’t know it would be so difficult
« on: May 24, 2022, 04:44:13 PM »
Wanted to have someone to go through my M-21 Muncie transmission. Just for the piece of mind. Have had the car for over 7 years now and it  a little hard shifting from 1st to 2nd sometimes. Tried contacting several shops in my area and NOBODY seems to work on manual transmissions any more. Asked around to friends for anybody they might know. No luck. Found a couple of guys who could do the overhaul, BUT they can’t pull the trans or reinstall. Can’t work on car myself now and really don’t have a place to do it. Is this the way it is in other parts of the country as well?
Charles

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Didn’t know it would be so difficult
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 04:57:42 PM »
Jody's Transmissions. Dealt with him many times. If you are disabled then have any shop drop it out and then ship it to Jody. Or just rebuild it yourself. Jody can answer any questions you have. You will also want to do parallel and concentric alignment or he will not warranty it. I have all this stuff in stock.

Did you check the linkage bushings and the linkage alignment with the tool most have in their toolbox? Easy job. Id check that first before hastily having the tranny rebuilt for no reason.. I have no problem in my network finding a daily gearhead who turns wrenches everyday like me.