Author Topic: I've been a GHOST to long...  (Read 993 times)

GI JOE

• View Profile
I've been a GHOST to long...
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:31:18 AM »
Yikes !!! where to begin, I don't  dare blink... if I do another decade might fly by...
sorry guys I never meant to vanish... not sure when I last was on here logged in ...but would not be surprised if it was 2013 or even earlier...

I use to go to all the Camaro Nationals since 1990... sadly without any of my cars...  but none the less I always had a blast... beautiful cars and always good folks... I even started the Connecticut Camaro Club and after a few gatherings that too was put to the back-burner... 

These were not my intentions... but here we are... 

As some of you know I have been a US Army Paratrooper since 1983.  Duty kept me away from home more than I wanted.  I always thought I would have time in the near future.  So now it is the time... I am working at getting something running this year. 

As you may not know I medically retired from the service... got banged up too many times I reckon. Any-who I was diagnosed with PD.  Life has been a whirlwind ever since... just more challenges to over come... one thing about Paratroopers is we never give up! Never!  and mind you I am not looking for pity or anything, this is just to let you know so when you see this grey haired old man shaken around you'll know....

One thing this past year that was pretty earth shaking was loosing my long time good friend , brother and Camaro buddy that many of you know...  Warren Malkin,Jr. 

We always talked about everything from politics, our Constitution, including current events and always with some humor tossed in.... but mostly we talked about cars,...in depth discussions about Camaro's, Camaro parts, OEM finishes, racing, restoration, you name it.  Warrens research and discoveries are legendary... without even mentioning his rare parts wheeling-dealing,  ...often I think how fortunate I was to have such a good friend that could understand and articulate Chevrolet like a second language and instantly bring forth knowledge where the processes, part numbers, assemblies, changes, documents , AIMs bible and verse, and more from the top of ones head... like Kung Fu's The Master "...snatch the pebble from my hand Grasshopper." all for the love of a car... especially a 1969 Camaro...  With that said there are many of you who IMHO are also masters of this hobby... I could name names who merit their own clout but I'ld be writing even longer. 

As I close let me point out where we were at the start of this Phenomenon and where we are today....I for  one would never have guessed it in a hundred years... just realize that we each helped some way some how... life is to short and we all are on a journey... the question is what is your journey's destination? 
Are you Listening?

So Get out and drive that car, lay down some rubber, shift through the gears and savor every moment of happiness....

your humble Camaro Brother,  GI_Joe (Grasshopper)
SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: I've been a GHOST to long...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 01:20:19 AM »
I’ll try, but my 250 cube six banger with the Powerglide and 2.73 might have other ideas.  Glad you’re back.
Camaro Nationals in the Poconos?

anything