Author Topic: Posting photos on this site ???  (Read 1458 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Posting photos on this site ???
« on: March 02, 2022, 06:04:41 PM »
Can someone give some advice on post pictures on this site.

To post pictures on this site and at Team Camaro, I used to host my pictures in Photobucket. I would copy the link from Photobucket and paste it into my threads. The pictures came out fine here and at Team Camaro also.

After Photobucket started charging to post their pictures, I started hosting my photos on the Team Camaro site. Their pictures came out fine over there but came out huge on this site.

So now I've tried hosting on Imjur and again, the photos are fine on Team Camaro and huge over here.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks.....Dave

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Posting photos on this site ???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 06:57:51 PM »
Biggest thing is the file size.  Reduce the image down to below 200kb.  Give that a try and see if that fixes your issues.  Granted this is for posting photos directly onto the site.  Linked photos are most likely due to the image or file format in which it is set in by the host site.  Meaning once its linked into the post the configure may not be the same as over on TC.  Do you have Microsoft Office or Paint on your pc?

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »
Yes, I do have "Paint" on my computer.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 07:26:51 PM »
Open the image in paint.  Then click on resize tab and then do percentage and play with the horizontal (vertical will adjust automatically) usually 60-80 is a good starting point.  Do a file save as (Jpeg) until you get it under 200kb.  This isnt always the best option but its a start.  I have been thinking about doing a tutorial on resizing as I know many have issues with posting on the forum.  Just need to set aside time to do it.  Several different ways to do this and many other apps etc can resize photos too but this is free and will usually work.  I'm sure others will step in and suggest other programs so it just boils down to whatever you are used to using or have access to.

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 08:00:01 PM »
Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it!

Dave

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 02:00:46 AM »
That is what I have been doing, using paint to resize.
That being said
I have my old digital Kodak set to take photos which will post as taken on Yenko, most will also post here without modification. I set the compression and fineness to the lowest settings possible on my old Kodak digital using a 4x6 aspect ratio.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

anything