Author Topic: Dimensions for Vigilite/lamp monitoring system headlamp socket seal 3906125  (Read 1844 times)

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
Does anybody have original headlamp socket seals (P/N 3906125, Group 2.584) for the Vigilite/Lamp Monitoring System that they can give me the dimensions?  Attached, is a photo of them.  The repros appear to be foam sleeves; whereas, the original ones appear to be rubber sleeves.  With the original dimensions, someone can find a rubber sleeve or hose and then trim it to fit.

Bernie
68 NOR SS/RS L48/M35 Convertible
Cordovan Maroon - Special Paint Exterior (black stripes)
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.

camaronut

• View Profile
Check Paragon Corvette parts - they have lots of parts for the Vigilite system.

I just used a rubber hose that held the fiber in place and over the rear tip on the headlamp - maybe 1" long.

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
For the fiber optics on my corvette I used a piece of rubber vacuum hose which would slide over the tit on the headlamp bulb.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
For true originality, it is better to get the exact dimensions (inner and out diameter, length, thickness, material type, etc.) of an original or NOS seal, if possible.  Hopefully, someone can chime in with the dimensions.
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.

fsc66

• View Profile
If you google the part number you‘ll see plenty of the Corvette repros to compare:

Paul

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
The repros (at Corvette vendors) appear to be foam sleeves; whereas, the original ones appear to be rubber sleeves.
Black Custom Interior

anything