Author Topic: Source & Installation of the Rear Vinyl Headliner Molding  (Read 1118 times)

Dave69x33

• View Profile
Source & Installation of the Rear Vinyl Headliner Molding
« on: January 03, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
Has anyone had good success with a source (brand) and installation of the current offering of reproduction rear vinyl headliner moldings?  I tried using a reproduction molding from Heartbeat City Camaro a few years ago and did not like the way the molding fit the rounded corners of the window.  The molding was a long straight piece not molded to fit nicely around the window.  The inside corners of the molding would fold outward (open) as I attempted to install it about the rounded window openings. The molding would not lay flat or smooth around the window corners like my original molding shown below.  Would heat help soften the vinyl and allow it to conform with the curves? 

The primary issue with my original rear molding is that it has lost its natural curvature shape along the rear edge, and has opened up along a couple sections of the molding and exposed the pinch weld.

Are any of the reproduction moldings pre-molded with the correct curve?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 07:29:20 PM by Dave69x33 »

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
Re: Source & Installation of the Rear Vinyl Headliner Molding
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:36:20 PM »
Better off finding a good used molding and using that. They should be fairly easy to find and a piece that really doesnt wear.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise