Author Topic: JohnZ --  (Read 10727 times)

hrlyfxdl

• View Profile
Re: JohnZ --
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 12:48:47 PM »
I wish I had gotten a chance to every meet John Z, sounds like he encapsulated what this car hobby (obsession) is really all about for a lot of us.

Just a thought, but would there ever be any interest in this group to have some small Zoom sessions of forum users? Just to put a face with the name, or account header per say? I chat with a lot of people over on Yenko when I buy things there, but really it's only ever been online. And I read a lot of posts here on CRG from guys who are very knowledgeable and have helped me out personally a lot (verifying as best as I can what my car is). IDK, just thought maybe an online chat session to introduce some of these powerhouse leaders in first gens to the novices like me, face to face as best we can, would be interesting. Take me for a walk around your garage, it'd probably blow minds. Thoughts on this? I didn't see a place over on Yenko to post a general thought like this, so I thought I'd try here. I guess what brought this thought up really, I wish I'd have ever gotten the chance to meet John Z, even if digitally, and listen to his stories, knowledge, etc. Thanks

Shane
1968 Camaro SS 350 8L34677?
07A  E107  TR 712  U-U

5hane

Vince

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 09:37:46 PM »
May God grant him eternal rest and bring peace and comfort to his family, friends, and all who knew him.  I never got to meet him or talk to him directly in any way, but I learned many things about first gen Camaros just from his posts on CRG.  He will be very much missed. 

rszmjt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2021, 02:00:46 AM »
RIP John Hinckley. He was a wealth of information and it is a great loss for the Camaro world. Prayers go out to his family.

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2021, 02:34:15 PM »
His advise, just golden. Followed verbatim.
I periodically review his tech articles to simply re-educate myself. My dad, who passed in September, said long ago" one day tuning these will be a lost art"

A few years back I tracked a correct, coded water pump per his advice. Certed, not a re-stamp, didn't break the bank. Got in a good conversation with the guy about John.

Gotta be a special heaven for car folks: smells of Canuba, race fuel, and 90wt,,lol!
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

X66

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2021, 07:47:44 PM »
 Prayers to John’s family. John was so willing to share his vast knowledge of Corvettes and Camaros with us all. Even though I am not an expert on my two favorite cars as John was and so many of you are I will strive to be like John and share what I know when asked. Especially to the young enthusiasts who will be driving Corvettes and Camaros in the near future.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 09:14:30 PM »
John wrote a lot, including a book about his time at Chevrolet and GM that we are pleased to publish.
http://www.camaros.org/library.shtml#report lists all his content (and Chevy service documentation).

The Automobile Business - from the Bottom Up by John Hinckley is a direct link to his book. It's a fun read.
Kurt S
CRG

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2023, 12:22:10 AM »
John wrote a lot, including a book about his time at Chevrolet and GM that we are pleased to publish.
http://www.camaros.org/library.shtml#report lists all his content (and Chevy service documentation).

The Automobile Business - from the Bottom Up by John Hinckley is a direct link to his book. It's a fun read.
Thank you Kurt for sharing.
Many times including today I wish we could tap into his vast knowledge and I had the pleasure of meeting John many years ago at Corvette Carlisle. He is still missed..........
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

anything