Author Topic: Camaro Car Show Frederick MD - Anyone been there?  (Read 5845 times)

Pacecar

• View Profile
Re: Camaro Car Show Frederick MD - Anyone been there?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:50 PM »
For Camaro fans, what would top an original owner L78 ?  Maybe an original owner COPO or Yenko ?  Rumor has it that you will see these, plus survivors.  For those looking for specific parts, original then Frederick would be fine to arrange as a pick up location. Vendors have been picking up. I found a DF wheel date matched to the others on my car. Plus the 68 center caps at Frederick. This is not the place to advertise however.

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 01:18:11 AM »
Mama Mia, fly into bwi and spend Friday at Camaro Nationals. Then plan on spending Saturday at Carlisle and see the show there along with the solid lifter showroom display as they always have some top shelf cars. Then Sunday spend the day at Gettysburg and have lunch at the Dobbin House if they have the historic downstairs open.
I usually hit Frederick Friday only as the main focus are cars being judged or on display and a quick look see for parts/vendors. Then the full day at Carlisle.... Take em both in and enjoy....
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 12:10:09 PM »
Mama Mia, fly into bwi and spend Friday at Camaro Nationals. Then plan on spending Saturday at Carlisle and see the show there along with the solid lifter showroom display as they always have some top shelf cars. Then Sunday spend the day at Gettysburg and have lunch at the Dobbin House if they have the historic downstairs open.
I usually hit Frederick Friday only as the main focus are cars being judged or on display and a quick look see for parts/vendors. Then the full day at Carlisle.... Take em both in and enjoy....

That's your best plan, unless you're within a day's drive, then drive up on Thursday, do the Friday/SAt shows, and drive home on Sunday!  That's what I've done, as I'm within a 'long days' drive from the area...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 04:33:01 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if both groups were in Carlisle together like it was in the good ol days? 

Pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 05:13:43 PM »
World of difference between the indoor facilities.  To have a national show with the higher end judging and special displays, a sizeable and quality indoor facility is needed.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 02:35:50 AM »
My 2 cents.  Do Frederick Friday-early Saturday, then Carlisle Saturday-Sunday.
Frederick is June 24 – 26, 2021 (Thur (evening) - Sat) https://www.camaronationals.online/
Carlisle is June 25 – 26, 2021 (Fri-Sat)  https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=gm+nationals
So no Sunday at either place.
Kurt S
CRG

anything