Author Topic: Camaro Car Show Frederick MD - Anyone been there?  (Read 5839 times)

marriest

• 1969 Camaro Pace Car, 396 cu / 325 hp, #matching
    • View Profile
Camaro Car Show Frederick MD - Anyone been there?
« on: April 06, 2021, 12:42:56 PM »
Looking to go to a Camaro car show anyone been to the one in Maryland or Memphis? Any other recommendations.
Have been to the one in Reno Hot August Nights, it was great.
Terry

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Camaro Car Show Frederick MD - Anyone been there?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 12:49:38 PM »
If you're a fan of 'original cars', or want to learn more about original cars, then the Frederick MD Camaro Nationals should be better than any other Camaro show you could possibly go to.  You will see some fantastic cars, and can observe the experts judging the cars...

https://www.camaronationals.online/

What Camaro show is in Memphis?

09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

marriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:53:13 PM »
I thought I saw one online - not sure where I got that from.
Terry

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 03:20:56 PM »
There is the Chevrolet Nationals in Carlisle that same weekend - always a point of contention between those two entities.  Its a real shame.

No doubt you 'll see great Camaros there, but that's it.  All the really nice cars are indoors for judging.  All the rest are relegated to being outdoors (albeit one / two covered bldgs for other special cars).  BUT - it is a neat place to go for Camaros (and Firebird) owners.

Not many vendors, not many food vendors.  There is McD's down the street.

At Carlisle its a totally different story.  Lots more different cars, indoor bldgs with special Camaros / Chevy's being judged.  Its a different atmosphere with plenty of vendors / folks emptying their basements and garages with parts, etc.  Plus a variety of food vendors.  Its a hit with me and my buddies.

Both venues are great if the weather cooperates.

To me, Carlisle /Chevy Nationals is the better place - IMHO.  But everyone has an opinion.

Do both if you're coming from a distance.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
The last time I was there, we did Frederick on Friday and Carlisle on Sunday.. only a short drive between them!
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 12:45:21 AM »
I have only been to the Camaro Nationals in Frederick one time. It seemed to me that Saturday is the best day to see it because of attendance. I agree that if you can do both shows that weekend, you should.

69 SS 350 X-55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
So if you were trying to do both shows and you would be flying and motels would you do Carlisle on Friday/Saturday and Frederick on Saturday/Sunday? Still working real job so using vacation.  Trying to get myself motivated enough to get started on my retirement project. Would like to see complete floor/trunk/quarter panels/sheet metal. Looking on internet doesn't do it for me. Haven't been to car show in 30 years. Or would you spend 2 days at Carlisle? Haven't driven it since 86. It's rusty smelly and needs a s### load of cash,and I've owned it since 78.

marriest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 09:37:31 AM »
Thanks everyone! I think I will try and do both as I am coming from Florida and hope to do a road trip through the battle grounds and historical sites. You have been a great help.
Terry

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 04:23:09 PM »
My 2 cents.  Do Frederick Friday-early Saturday, then Carlisle Saturday-Sunday.  IMO Frederick winds down Saturday afternoon, but I haven't been there the past few years.  I go to spring/fall Carlisle, but never been to this summer event.  It's a nice scenic one hour drive up Route 15 to get to Carlisle Fairgrounds.  I usually get off at York Springs/Rte. 94 exit which runs into Rte. 34 straight into Carlisle.  Time permitting do Gettysburg on Sunday.  Antietam is another nearby major battlefield option near Hagerstown MD.  There is a designated Maryland Civil War Trail with app, if you have the time and want to see more sights.     

https://www.visitmaryland.org/list/follow-marylands-civil-war-trails

https://www.civilwartrails.org/

uscrichter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 05:47:45 PM »
I have been to both on a family road trip and agree with everyone on the timing attendance, just plan on bringing some cash to the Carlisle swap meet if you are looking for any parts since the swap meet area is huge and you can spend a full day just checking that out!

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »
Went to the 2007 Carlisle when Camaro nationals was still combined with the Chevrolet Nationals and went to the Camaro Nationals in Frederick in 2019. I am not sure why it was split, I am not sure but I think there may be more indoor space in Fredericks. I thought it was a better show when combined, mainly because there are more Chevrolet's than Camaro's in which I have an interest, however it may be better from the Camaro Nationals perspective - admittedly I was not viewing it from a Camaro's only perspective. 
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 06:33:22 PM »
When you are in G-burg eat on the square. Building is blue, forget the name. Get the burger with chocolate chips in it.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

jcabuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 12:37:21 AM »
I've been to Carlisle and if you are looking for parts you won't be able to do it in one day.  The day I went we walked 8 miles and never got to the end.  We did not back track there was so much to see by way of parts.  It may be not as crowded this year due to covid. Some big vendors will bring parts that you order online and you'll save on the shipping.
1969 Z28 X33 Tuxedo Black
2007 BMW Z4 Sapphire Black Metallic
2016 Ford F150 King Ranch Shadow Black

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 08:20:47 PM »
If you are planning on doing both Frederick starts Thurs. night with a nice cruise. Then show days are Friday and Saturday, nothing on Sunday. Someone mentioned you would have to be outside if you are not being Concourse Judged in the main building. This year we have a new class that is display only inside one of the other smaller secure buildings. You can load in on Thursday and keep it inside thru Saturday.
1969 RS/SS 350/300 Rallye Green . Black Vinyl Top

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 03:29:15 AM »
Looking to go to a Camaro car show anyone been to the one in Maryland or Memphis? Any other recommendations.
Have been to the one in Reno Hot August Nights, it was great.
If you are set on the summer then Camaro Nationals is a good one...
If you only attend ONE show PER YEAR then I would make plans to attend - MCACN - Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, in Chicago the week prior to Thanksgiving. All indoors and the best examples from every make you could ever dream about in a single setting...
Some have referred to it as Pebble Beach for Muscle Cars.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa