CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 08:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104534 Posts in 12235 Topics by 4716 Members
Latest Member: Hgtech
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  69 Z28 Emblem colors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 Z28 Emblem colors  (Read 3141 times)
othal

View Profile Email
« on: April 04, 2007, 06:50:12 AM »

I am trying to match the original red color on the Z & slash of my emblems. The color appears to be a reddish orange. Does anyone have information on the correct color and where I may purchase?
Gramps69Z

69 X33 D80

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »

My car has a red Z with the 28 being a silver or grey color. I believe the aftermarket emblems have a white 28 on them.  You can find them on eBay.

Fireman John

Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire     1.1  to go

I'm sick and tired of mismanagement and disappointment. 
I'm a COWBOYS fan.
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »

Here are photos of original fender, grille, and tail panel emblems; the best selection of reds to match them against can be found in the cosmetics section (nail polish) at the drugstore.  Smiley  The "28" in the photos appears to be white (due to the flash), but they're actually silver.

Fender:

Grille:

Tail Panel:

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
othal

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »

I have bought a dozen different cans of paint that are either to red or to orange. I am restoring the grill and tail panel emblems and  trying to match the two new GM fender emblems that I purchased. Just not having any luck so far.
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »

Take one of the emblems to a paint center and have them get a computer color analysis of it.  They can mix you a pint.

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
Dave69x33

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

Back in 1981, (I am dating myself!) I purchased a complete set of GM emblems for a RS 69 Z but never used them.  I installed them on my current 69Z during the resto and the color of the red shows up nicely.  Like John Z's originals, you can see the color red and the "28" are painted light silver.  Note, the GM units are not quite as nice as the “show quality”, very nice repros made by Trim Parts Inc. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: