Author Topic: 1967 Manual disc brake master cylinder questions  (Read 1716 times)

jmh139

• View Profile
1967 Manual disc brake master cylinder questions
« on: October 19, 2019, 03:19:22 PM »
I have a 1967 Camaro that has manual front disc brakes but has the wrong master cylinder.  I have been looking for the correct 5459467 master cylinder for years and one popped up on ebay a few days ago.  I bought it and wanted to run it by the forum to see if it is correct and get some help decoding the other numbers on it. 

I tried attaching the photos but no matter how I resized them I could not get all of them to attach to the post so here is a Google Photos link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TEnRwCgbYo5KFnk86

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Manual disc brake master cylinder questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »
Sorry Jay. While that's the correct casting number for the 67 Camaro with manual disc brakes, the date code appears to be August 18th, 1977 so it wouldn't be "correct" for your car. Before you started looking, did you read THIS? In addition to the right date, you'll want to find one that has the correct "AD" code stamped on it.

However, if you don't care about "dates" or codes, then yes, by all means go ahead and use that one.

Ed

jmh139

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Manual disc brake master cylinder questions
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
Thanks Ed, I kinda thought that when I got it, but it was cheap and It is closer than what I have now so I will probably use it.  I did read the link but the ebay pics were not great so I was hoping...

It is the one correct option I am missing for my highly optioned car.  Appreciate the info!!

anything