Author Topic: Gardner transverse muffler system  (Read 10093 times)

mrdetails

• View Profile
Gardner transverse muffler system
« on: March 16, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »
I've read about the Gardner chambered exhaust system and visited their web site. Has anyone had any experance with the transverse system. Is it loud? Does it sound good....? Does it install as easily? Any help would be appericiated.
Sam

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gardner transverse muffler system
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »
Sam,

For all who are plugged into the hobby, the Gardner system is the best available in the USA.......case closed.  They are perfect and install wtih ease.  Their systems sound just like the originals when the cars were new.  I know because I was there!

JM     

eke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »
What is their website address?
Thanks

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 02:19:24 AM »

asm69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 05:13:48 PM »
Jerry,

I have a early produced 1969 z28 (10D build date). Though the original exhaust system is long gone. I do have the
original hangers that were used for the chambered exhaust system. For restoration purposes do you feel I should
install the Gardner Chambered exhaust system or go with the gardner transverse system?

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 07:38:38 PM »
Chambered,

JM

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
I have installed two 69 Camaro Gardner muffler systems, Ditto what Jerry said...... the BEST, sounds good too.
                                                                                      Mike
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

asm69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »
I understand that if you want to eliminate some of the loudness of the chambered system
you can swap out the chambered transverse muffler with the standard transverse muffler.
It is supposed to quiet the system down just enough. Have you heard about this type of swap.
No cutting would be necessary, you can still keep the chambered transverse muffler and just
bolt in the transverse muffler.

What are your thoughts.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
Don't mix and match parts.  If you have a nice car, then install the correct exhaust system........case closed.

JM

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:22:30 AM »
The Gardner is an excellent system.  And their customer service is better than their product if you ask me.

Here is a 10 sec vid clip of a 140 cam Z at idle with a Gardner transverse system:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/RamAirDave/GoldZ/?action=view&current=GoldZIdle.flv

Eric G doesnt really recommend the chambered for cars that didnt have them originally, as they are very loud and make a lot of racket.  If it did come with it, I would go that route.  The transverse system isnt really all that loud, but sounds right.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
Thanks All. Great site RamAirDave....
Sam

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 11:35:22 AM »
They dont list the transverse system on thier website.  How much is it and do they have a convertible version?

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
I have purchased both systems from them. The Transverse system is quite a bit cheaper, and sounds better (my opinion). I have a gardner chambered system that was on my Z for about twenty miles of use. Too loud for my taste but certainly has the wow factor. My yenko has their transverse system, and is very quiet. My L34 has their chambered and it sound very nice, if you like the glasspacks. I have an orig GM chambered system that I plan to install on the L34. It should be interesting to compare the GM to the Gardner.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
KevinW, At the Gardner web site, click on Camaro (right side of screen) then from the drop down menus (center of screen) select " ZL1 undercariage". It shows the tranverse system. I'm not sure if any of the sound clips are of it though.
Sam

anything