Author Topic: '67 Vacuum Canister  (Read 1911 times)

Vetteman61

• View Profile
'67 Vacuum Canister
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:51:23 AM »
On a '67 Camaro with 327, power glide, factory AC, I found that the vacuum canister for the AC is there, but not hooked up and all the vacuum lines are plugged off.  What's strange is that the AC still works.  The vents change from top top bottom to defrost.  What does the vacuum control on the AC system?

Thanks,
Brandon

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: '67 Vacuum Canister
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:09:50 AM »
I'm no AC expert, but where does the vacuum hose from the fitting on the back of your intake run to? It's shown in the AIM under UPC C60 Sheet C2.  Sounds like maybe the hose that normally exits the cannister and runs inside the car was hooked up directly to that fitting, and they eliminated the hose that should run from the intake fitting to your vacuum reservoir.  I think that would give you part-time but not constant vacuum.  May be enough to actuate components but would not work correctly under certain conditions where you lose your vacuum off the intake.  Let's see what others say.

If you have an AIM see UPC C60 sheets C2 (intake fitting), E2 (vacuum tank and hoses), and E3 View A (where hose from vacuum reservoir connects)     

dale68z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 03:03:41 AM »
The dash vents, mode and temp all are run with cables, not vacuum.  Vacuum is used for the fresh air/ recirc door in the passenger kick panel and the vent door in the right side cowl, under the cowl panel

Vetteman61

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 01:05:59 AM »
OK, that makes sense.  Thanks for the info