Author Topic: Any way to find out original stripes, if any, from factory?  (Read 3606 times)

droy94

• View Profile
Any way to find out original stripes, if any, from factory?
« on: September 02, 2019, 02:47:57 AM »
Have a base '68 that's been painted over a couple times and am not sure if I can find out what the original paint job was. I know it's rallye green but not sure of the stripe pattern.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Any way to find out original stripes, if any, from factory?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 04:28:24 AM »
Most likely your base model didn't come with any stripes, but without documentation, you'll never know. However, HERE'S the link to what strip packages were available.

Ed

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 03:09:16 PM »
If should have D91  if was a base model unless it was a stripe delete car and it would have - where the paint code is.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 03:41:16 PM »
If should have D91  if was a base model unless it was a stripe delete car and it would have - where the paint code is.

I disagree. D91 was optional and on a base model it's highly unlikely someone opted for it. There are lots of cars in the database with no stripes at all and most of them are base models.

Ed

plumL78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »
If the orig header panel  is on the car and hasn't been off  you can loosen it away from the fender and look on the end. Orig. stripes wrapped around the end of the header panel. I have a base model 68 that had the stripe

droy94

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
My dad seems adamant that the car at one point had z/28 stripes but this doesn't seem to be an option? Has anyone ever seen a confirmed case of these stripes on a base model from the factory?

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »
My dad seems adamant that the car at one point had z/28 stripes but this doesn't seem to be an option? Has anyone ever seen a confirmed case of these stripes on a base model from the factory?

No, not from the factory. Those were only included with the Z28 in 1967 through 1969, but they also came on the Z10 and Z11 in 1969. However, dealers would do whatever you wanted to make a sale.

Ed

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 12:38:58 AM »
We have a one owner 327/210  base plain jane Camaro one owner car that came with stripe. She did not order the car it came to the dealer with a stripe along with a Corvette bronze Camaro that also had the stripe.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 12:40:02 AM »
The dealer ordered the stripe.

Ed

droy94

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 02:59:53 AM »

No, not from the factory. Those were only included with the Z28 in 1967 through 1969, but they also came on the Z10 and Z11 in 1969. However, dealers would do whatever you wanted to make a sale.

Ed

This may have been the case. According to the daughter of the original owner, he had the dealer customize the car fully to his liking. Has just about every cosmetic option available.

bc69

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 04:07:53 AM »
I have a FSO stripe delete 67 RSSS.  Question has been raised about the Z21 trim package pinstripe on the delete cars. Ours ends as it would with the D91 BB stripe. The aim relates to the pinstripe having two configurations. If a L48 option car it’s forward point ends just short of where the  D91 stripe would be. The 2nd is “other than” that extends around another 3.5” darter forward.
Does anybody have thoughts on if there were changes in length of Z21 pinstripe if it was a stripe delete   car?
There is another thought original SS that is also thought to be stripe delete that pinstripe runs to forward point as if it was a RS or base car with the Z21.
Brad
RSSS