Author Topic: Firewall pad clarification  (Read 2078 times)

Tinkerr

• View Profile
Firewall pad clarification
« on: June 04, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
I'm installing a firewall pad from Quiet-ride solutions. There is no provision for the 4 studs to penetrate the firewall pad into the engine compartment to mount the power brake booster. Quiet ride said this was intentional, they have received numerous request to omit them and so they have. The assembly manual is unclear as to whether the pad is sandwiched between the bracket and the firewall or mounts directly against the firewall, hence cutting the pad to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated. What did GM do?   Thanks Paul

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Firewall pad clarification
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »
 There is a cut in the original pad (and accurate repro's too) to allow the bracket to mount directly to the firewall.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

Tinkerr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »
That's what I needed to know. I have read good things about the Quiet ride part, thought for $175 it was a quality part. Thanks Mike. I can finish this part today.

ban617

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
How does the quite ride  compare to the accurate reproduction?

Tinkerr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
JMO the pad seemed thinner than the repo I used 10 years ago. The cut out for the heater box covered the exit for the heater core tubes, I had to trim that. Definitely not what I expected. The impression I got from the Camaro outlet I purchased from was the manufacturer is aiming for customers to modifying the part for their application. I would have returned it, but had already cut the pad for the booster assembly. Now that it's installed nobody will know, but my expectation was slap it up and bolt it together.

anything